Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
this isn't directed at you, Rockaholic, but your commented provides a jumping-off point. When I say "you", I don't mean you, personally)

It's not about assuming you share the same belief system, it's about sharing their own with you...It's not about shoving it down your throat, it's about sharing what we know to be true.

Edited to add: That being said, I understand that there are extremists out there, as there are in every religion, wanting to shove Christ down your throats. I don't condone said behaviour, nor am I trying to endorse or excuse it.
Good points.

Personally, I think part of this discussion has been because of the "war on Christmas" being shoved down our throats.
Kind of like when those Jehovah witnesses knock on my door and keep trying to sell me their religion, when all I want to do is enjoy the football game on TV. I can accept that is selfish of me, but I try to be nice when I slam the dorr shut in their face. wink

Some people take their religion and personal beliefs seriously, I can respect that. Some people (like my mother) take Christamas way too seriously. I just don't think taking your religion seriously excuses bashing someone else for their beliefs.