It looks like he was convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, aggravated sodomy and aggravated child molestation. That came with a mandatory sentence of 10 years.

The other males involved seem to have agreed to a plea deal. Five males even admitted they had intercourse with the girl. There was used condom evidence to back that up.

Because the girl was underage, once she and her mother approached the police about the incident, the police no longer needed their consent to press charges against these guys.

This case can best be described as a condundrum.

Society has been pro-active in going after child sex offenders and even passing mandatory sentencing laws regarding sex with minors. It also makes no difference if the minor is consenting.

I do feel bad for this guy. The girl was a whore and he was only 17 and she was 15.

The guys were also HUGE fucking idiots for video taping the whole thing.

Regardless of any feelings in this case, I'd like to know why ESPN even gets involved in things like this. They are supposed to be a sports network. It should be sports and nothing else but sports. They shouldn't be taking sides on any legal issues. I don't care if a high school athlete is involved. Let one of their companies sister channels tackle the issue. Does every media outlet these days have to get involved in activism? Even the Weather Channel is now a platform for political advocacy.