[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
If, however, you applied an external force to the car, like a big-ass fan, then the car would move over the ice.
You have just added a second power source.

The plane does NOT have a second power source.[/b]
Moby, you just contradicted your position, and you don't even know it...

The plane doesn't have a "second" power source. It has 1 power source.[/b]
EXACTLY. The car by itself would not have a secondary power source. It won't move.

Put the fan on it - it has a secondary power source.

Again - try the rope example. The rope is not fluid, and it is taught - meaning it's connected to something else.

Moby, you need to open your mind up a bit and take off the blinders.....The rope represents a vector. Similarly, the air also represents that same vector on a similar experiment. The two are representative of the EXACT SAME THING....

No they aren't. A rope is not a gas, is not fluid. That's key.

If I put myself on skates, and pull on an "air rope", will I move forward? No. I can't overcome the friction of the wheels.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist