Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
[b]Madman, he answered your question. He said the plane would roll and take off with a little extra wheelspin.
The question wasn't answered.

It takes a little time to come up to take off speed.

If he or anyone is acting as the outside observer, I want to know what is seem from start to finish from the perspective of the outside observer. Namely...

-- Does the plane appear stationary from the perspective of the outside observer until takeoff

-- If so.. let's discuss the relationship of the plane in the scenario and the surrounding atmosphere (fluid air) vs. the relation to the surrounding atmosphere for the same plane in a normal conventional takeoff.[/b]
I have already replied to this twice.

The takeoff appears, to a bystander, completely normal but with some xtra wheelspin due to the conveyor belt.

YES! The plane still moves with respect to the air and with respect to the earth's surface.

And yes! The equation for dynamic friction still is:

F(f) = -uN

u = dynamic coefficient of friction

N = weight of plane

Notice groundspeed isn't a parameter; it's irrevelant if there's a little extra groundspeed (conveyor belt).

This has been proven many times over in this thread. A few posts ago I even quoted a Physics professor on this exact question. What is it you don't believe?

Please tell us where Isaac Newton (and common sense) failed us! [Too much XOC]

Lizz:

34 pages? I think a new name is in order. Are we over 500 posts yet? eek