Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[QB]
Moving forward is one thing. Moving forward fast enough in relation to the atmosphere is what is required for lift.[QB]
Once you realize the plane can move forward, then surely you can realize that it will accelerate as more throttle is added, as it would in a normal takeoff, and once it reaches its takeoff speed, it WILL takeoff.

What you're arguing is that the conveyor belt will prevent the axles (and in effect, the aircraft since they're attached rigidly to the axles) from moving. If the wheels spin freely, as you admit to realizing, then the belt in no way, shape, or form, can have ANY force on the axles, and in effect, in no way, shape, or form can have ANY effect on the plane that's rigidly attached to the axles. So the force of the engines is NEVER counteracted by the conveyor belt, and the plane acclerates right on down the runway and takes off...

If the plane can move an inch, then it WILL take off once it reaches the speed necessary. Your whole theory that the plane won't take off means you think the plane CAN NOT MOVE AT ALL... But it can. The belt spins the tires about the axle; it does not generate any horizontal force on the axles. Therefore, the belt does not counteract the horizontal force being supplied by the engines which are rigidly attached to the plane which is rigidly attached the axles... I only brought up the axles because the CF'ers obviously can't grasp the fact that the axles/plane/engine are 1 rigid object.

I was trying to pick something close to the tires that the weaker minds could get a grasp on. Evidently, I can't make this any easier for you to understand, so you WILL be going through life without grasping the concept. In a way, I felt sorry for you. But then I realized you're from New York, and frankly, I don't give a damn.