I know my response will be buried deep within the hundreds of pages this thread will accumulate, but here's the rub.

Aircraft will take off.
You can accelerate the hell out of the 'treadmill runway' and all will impart on the aircraft is a negligible amount of angular momentum in the -x direction (opposite thrust) about the wheels causing the nose to dip (easily countered with elevator angle). Aicraft will move forward, generate flow over the airfoils, generate lift per Bernoulli's equation, airborne.

Bullets will fall at the exact same moment unless you were able to achieve orbital velocity with the fired bullet (ignoring wind resistence). This bullet would be traveling traveling across the surface of the earth (provided you fired it above any mountains in the path) so that gravity would pull the bullet into an arc therby achieving an orbit of Re+drop height. As for the argument of air resistence causing the fired bullet to land faster than the dropped one, the air resistence would limit the distance traveled, but not the hangtime with regards to the dropped bullet (remember both bullets are experiencing resistence proportional to their speed).

Don't believe me, look at my profile to see what I do for a living.