Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

[b]Tell me how mass has an effect upon time.

laugh
The whole discussion and theories about black holes involve mass and it's effect on time or spacetime (Space and time are two parts of one whole).

A black hole's mass compresses and that bends time or spacetime. It is believed that at the center of the black hole, or the singularity as they call it, there is no space or time. Or it is so tiny it is practically incalculable.

I also believe they say that as you travel past the event horizon of a black hole, you will be pulled forward in time.

So yes, there is most definitely a relationship between mass and time or spacetime.

Am I wrong?[/b]
Yeah - space/time is not space and time, referred to as the horizon....and the THEORY that you'd be pulled forward in time is also refuted by many a great mind.

Pulled into the hole, and deconstructed to whatever the mass of a star with the size of a basketball deconstructs you to, sure.....but, that becomes your present. (I mean, Hell, for all we know, all matter is condensed, and you are completely the same, but infinitesimally smaller...)

They talk about warping space/time....but that's just the dent in the bed.....

...we still really just want to know what the bed is made of...and what warps it, what ripples it, etc.

laugh

Again...they've changed what they consider mass to be....so that old connection has been broken......its about warping the bed now....so you fall towards the mass, but you are NOT pulled to the mass.

Which is, again, why we need to know why there is momentum....newtonian, and otherwise.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif