Its kind of sad that the PS3 is matching the Xbox and it doesn't have any really good games out yet. XBox's 33% failure rate can't be a good thing but I'm sure they'll let the public keep beta testing it for them and work it out eventually.

Hopefully they'll stick around and be a viable option to keep Sony honest.

I'm using my ps3 as a media center. I uploaded all my MP3s on my iPod up to it and now I just play music straight from my ps3 instead of hooking up my iPod. The sound quality is solid probably because of the fiber hook up coming from my ps3. I'm also using it as a DVD and BR player. BR kicks ass and now that the local blockbuster is carrying BR movies I look there prior to the normal dvds when renting movies. (can't wait to see 300 on BR)

The last thing I use it for is playing games but it does that well enough. I'm enjoying Motorstorm so far. I'm looking forward to Warkhawk due out soon as well as some of the other big titles coming out soon. There is a new controller coming out so that you can play games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead with a "gun". No word on if it is going to be cordless or not but that is the assumption. It is supposed to work similarly to the wiimote. I imagine if they can adapt that control style then the wii would have nothing left to offer.