Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Quote:
Originally posted by chadillac3:
[b]This is ridiculous. No, it's not a street racer, although it seems too many on here seem to think it's just an off-road vehicle and damn near no more.

Anyone who could kill their friends with a supercharged Xterra taking a corner too hard could certainly do it with the current model.

Is it practical to put a blower on an SUV? Fuck no, but people do it. Hell, if there was no market for it, the Ram SRT-10 wouldn't exist. I mean, what's the point of having 500 HP in a truck??

Hate to tell ya people, but the new gen Xterra has the looks and PERFORMANCE to entice non-offroading people.
I'm not saying you have to go offroad in an X, what I'm saying is: if you honestly thinks a 265 hp, low 15's SUV is still not enough performance, then it is time to move onto a different kind of vehicle.

You can dump money into forged internals and install a high boost blower etc, and still be slower than a Camaro with bolt-ons (mid 12's). I have the same message for SRT-10 Ram owners: good job dumping 50 - 60 grand into a pickup that's as fast as a Mach 1 or LS1, dumbass.

Trying to make a truck super fast is as stupid as buying a Civic, then doing a rwd conversion, an Allison transmission, with an 11 inch axle and 3/4 ton springs to make it into a tow rig. Why don't you just buy a 3/4 ton pickup instead?[/b]
For those who buy a $50k truck, do you REALLY think they couldn't afford to buy a fast car (read: Corvette) instead? Really think about that before answering.