Quote:
In any event, Louisville has just always struck me as a team that plays a light schedule and gets ranked pretty high, but then loses to most of the good teams they faced. Hell, they almost lost to Boise State a couple of years ago, and that was a pretty average team.

I'm just not buying the argument that the Big East is really that much improved this year.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

But give Louisville a little credit. Last season, we lost to West Virginia in triple overtime, AT West Virginia. The same West Virginia team that beat Georgia in downtown Atlanta. We lost a close one to Virginia Tech in our bowl game, but in our defense, we were using a backup quarterback, with only 2 games experience, total. And two years ago, we lost at Miami in an extremely close one, in Miami.

In the past, I'd tend to agree with you. Louisville has been a perrennial top 15 team for almost a decade. But the past 2 seasons, we've made HUGE improvements.

We're a lot better team this year than we ever have been, on both sides of the football. You don't have to be a believer in the Big East if you don't want to. The rankings for the conferences speaks for itsself. Here's Sagarin's, for your reading pleasure.

1 PAC-10 (A) = 81.03
2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 78.94
3 BIG EAST (A) = 78.18
4 BIG TEN (A) = 76.63
5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 74.34
6 BIG 12 (A) = 73.72