Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
mad mad mad mad mad

Please don't bring up 2001. Worst BCS screw job ever. The ONLY team with a shot at taking down Miami was Oregon, but we were denied the chance despite being #2 in both polls (which is where we ended up). Beating the living piss out of yet another overrated Big 12 team was nice, but we deserved a shot at Miami.

Must try to relax now...
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
I've come to the conclusion that I'm basically against a playoff as well. I guess I wouldn't mind a +1 type of system, but I don't want to go further than that. I like the tradition of the bowl system, and enjoy watching it play out every year. This from a guy (Oregon fan who's witnessed two BCS screw-jobs) who has every reason to hate the system.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that regular season college basketball games are pointless, but there is less riding on each game (as there should be - there are a lot more of them in a year).
You contridict yourself here. If we had a playoff, Oregon would have had it's shot. [Freak] Instead, it's up to the biased system we live with. That's the whole point of a playoff system. It removes the biased voters and lets the teams play it out on the field. You know, like every real sport in the nation and every other division of football. Instead, it's no better than figure skating. College football... the best regular season and the worst post season. [ThumbsDown]