Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
I personally don't want a playoff system, because frankly, nobody gives a rats arse about any of the playoff games until the final one (aka, Superbowl if you're an NFL fan).

Every single playoff game in the NFL is sold out, so I guess nobody cares. [Freak] Besides, college is different. People go to support their team because that's where they went to school. You wouldn't have a problem with that.
Quote:
Those that argue against a playoff have a legit arguement, I think. The regular season for college football is the best regular season for ANY sport.
Agreed, but that doesn't mean they should taint it with the worst post season in all of sports. That balances the equation.
Quote:
With so much on the line every week, every game is important. With basketball, they play 20+ games... Lose one or two, or even 5 or 6, and you'll STILL make it into the tournament at the end of the year and have a chance for the title. So the regular season doesn't mean as much at all; you just have to be one of the top 65 teams during the reg. season...
Again, you're talking about a completely different sport. You'd be better off comparing the NFL, Div. II, III, high school, etc. Oh, that's right... they have a playoff system and it works so that wouldn't help your arguement. Nevermind.
Quote:
So if there were a 6 or 8 game playoff, then all you'd have to do is be a top 8 team and you're in.
LOL! You make it sound so easy! [LOL]
Quote:
Think of it as if you were the #3 team undefeated going into the last season of the game against the #4 team w/ 1 loss. Wooptiefreakingdoo as to who wins, 'cause both of 'em would still be in the 8 team field for the "tournament".
If the #4 team loss, they would have 2 losses and not make the 8 team playoff. Besides, the idea is to take the conference champions. That game would still mean everything.