Quote:
Originally posted by roygil15:
We still settle our championship on the field, every week of the regular season, see my earlier post.
You say that, but you didn't answer my question about what if you have like 6 undefeated teams or 10 one loss teams? They wouldn't get to play it out on the field. What about schools like Boise St.? They went undefeated, but I don't see them in the National Championship game. Doesn't sound like they got to play it out on the field. Ask Oregon fans about '01, USC fans about '03, Auburn fans about '04, etc.. They'll tell you they didn't get to play it out on the field. So don't give me that b.s. because it couldn't be farther from the truth. It's all biased. Keep the bowls, no one's saying get rid of them, but incorporate some sort of playoff so they play it out on the field.
Quote:
A playoff will make all of the good college football rivalries (OSU-MU, UT-OU, UM-FSU, etc.) be as boring as all the stupid NFL rivalries. You could lose those games and still win your conference (ie OU this year).
You might want to read read your post because that supports having a playoff system. If anything, there is more riding on rivalries than ever before. The winner knows they control their own destiny to have an actual shot at getting to the NC game despite screwing up at the beginning of the season in OOC games.

And obviously you didn't go to college (yet?) or didn't got to a college with a good D-1 program, but those rivalries will never die no matter what. Even when those games don't matter and there's nothing riding on it, they still are as popular as the are if they did matter. That's still a moot point because having a playoff wouldn't change anything anyway and you or anyone else have yet to prove otherwise.
Quote:
Don't make college into the NFL. Just cheer for your stupid Dallas Cowboys and leave the NCAA alone.
Don't ever tell anyone to waste their time for cheering for the Cowboys. That's just and insult and I would wish that upon nobody.