i can tell you that without extensive metal work/welding/sheetmetal there is no way to make the roll down kind. not to mention all of the wires you would have to make longer that are squoze in there. i have taken my hatch apart several times and it pretty much sux in there. the closest/easiest you could probably come would be to use one of those limo get your freak on window seperator things but then you have to worry about making it water tight.

now you could possibly make the pop up kind work if you could cut holes in the glass and fab a bracket/hinges to hold the glass without shattering it. oh and you would need the shocks to hold it up when open. i think it would be much easier to make it water tight if you went that route.

i will have to look through all of my pics but i may have one of the plastic cover off so you can see all the crap in the door. (if you haven't taken it off already)

a trip to a junkyard is in your future.
2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's