Originally Posted By: No Whining
Interesting that manufacturers would label that way. Interesting but not surprising. All I care about is finding a good all weather tire that can handle on and off road. May not be the best at either, but beats having to put chains on or change out/store tires throughout the year. I just need to be able to get past the chain up check point. If the M+S is good enough for that, I'm good.

Well, who knows, as there's no WAY to know if M&S is good enough for that...its essentially meaningless.

The Snowflake designation at least means it has to work in snow/winter conditions...and had to pass a test to prove it.

For me, I like the BFG AT ko...its been a great all 'round all weather tire, and I get ~ 90k miles out of a set, which is nice.

They rock in the snow, and have low enough rolling resistance to not kill me on mpg......yet handle off road really well for an AT tire, have triple layer sidewalls, deep lugs, side biting lugs, etc.

I just bought another set for my wrangler actually too.

For a DD that goes offroad too, they are a great tire.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif