Originally Posted By: ymbhonk
I did a couple serches but couldn't find anythign close to this.
Has anyone tried to bore the V6 in the X? Last Jeep i had i took to 60 over and replaced the pistons as well as some other engine components. Not sure if its the age of the I6 or the popularity of Jeeps but it does not seem like there are to many spare performance engine parts to be had for Xterras.

If anyone knows a good wherehouse or shop that may have reliable engine pieces please let me know. I have a machine shop to work in but im not about to start fabricating heads and pistons.

Its a bore lined with a material to protect the aluminum...if you bore it out, you'd have nothing to work with...

Its not a practical project, in that everything you replaced the OEM parts with would be custom.

Jeep engines need replacing rebuilding very regularly...the Nissan VG33E is a sturdy beast...Xterra's only came out for the first time in 2000, and, well, no one has created a DEMAND for parts along these lines.

So far, there are headers and exhaust options, super charger/pulley options etc, no no overbored options I've seen.

The I6 came out ~50+ yrs ago or so, and, of course, they HAVE needed parts, and had time to develop aftermarket support.

The I6 is also out of production, but so many are out there in need of work...that there's no shortage of parts for a long time.

If you want similar parts for the New 2012 Wrangler's 3.6 L V6, you also have to wait for it to develop a following, etc...But at least MOPAR usually comes out with some goodies.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif