Here are the LED's I ordered:

DX LEDs

Here are the drivers:

DX Drivers

Here are the reflectors: (lenses sorry)

DX Reflectors

And here are some baby heat sinks I got just for fun:

DX Heat sinks

I had kinda planned on using a long strip of copper or aluminum to attach the LED casings to. (at this point it would look like a comb) Then, drill the holes in the aluminum cross bar and just poke the casings through it from the inside. The casings were always going to stick out a little, I just wasn’t planning on them sticking out that far. I also wasn’t planning on having anything attached to the casings on the outside of the cross bar… but now I think I will. Either way, the RC motor heat sinks are about 20mm so that's not THAT bad. I mean compare that to having regular roof mounted lights.

I don’t want to open the cross bar up to the elements. I’m pretty sure that needs to be as water tight as possible. Well, as watertight as can be expected for a 2004 X. smirk

I got the idea to use the RC motor heatsinks from this guy's bike LED design:

bike light

Just a quick search online finds all kinds of heat sinks in various colors and so many hues. grin

My goal is a flood'ish pattern... not really going for long distance. I found quite a few actual glass lenses and secondary optics that form the beam into a perfect circle or spot or flood or really whatever kind of beam pattern you want. I just figured I would use the reflectors first and see what kind of beam that gave me and go from there. If it makes my hood too bright (which I'm kinda afraid already that it may) Then I can always mount the lights somewhere else... down lower on the front bumper or somewhere?

Not to advertise another website (especially a shopping site) but that DX site is crazy. And I only say this to anyone that thinks they may want to buy something from there. Free shipping yes but you have to wait FOREVER!!! (especially if it is close to the Chinese New Year) The stuff they sell is super cheap and they even give a bulk price, but you better not need whatever it is that you are buying tomorrow or even next week. I placed my order on March 9th and I am just getting the first shipment today... April 5th.
2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's