Sorry this isn't really much of an update. Moved from Cali to Michigan and started a new job, usually only get one day off a week so working on my truck is low priority.

Shipped my X here and one of the lights got smashed in shipping. I didn't notice until after delivery of course...

The lights ate bright as hell. I don't know a way to take a good pic. I snapped two the other night with my phone. It was raining and my windows were dirty

Normal X headlights.

7 out of 8 LEDs

Since this was a prototype, the lights aren't easily removable. You would pretty much have to take the whole thing apart to work on the insides. I think the 8th LED is repairable, I just haven't tried. Hopefully the solder just came undone. The lenses I made are cheap acrylic that I cut and glued on. Two of the lenses have fallen out, the rest are nasty on the inside.

A future design I am thinking about just buying Cree t6 flashlights and taking them apart somehow. Maybe drop-ins? Would be a lot cheaper, comes with a housing, drivers, lenses, and the LEDs... Another thing I was thinking about using were elliptical lenses. They make round ones with waves in the reflector or even square ones that are... well they are strange looking.

I definitely want to make them easily repairable. Oh and another thing, and this has only happened twice that I can remember, since I am running 4 drivers they somehow got un-synced. It was like most of the LEDs were on high and two were on strobe. LOL I just turned them off for a minute and they all reset. I would love to find a way to use just one driver or buck puck.

I do drive with the LEDs on almost every night on my way home from work (deer spotters) and I haven't seen any signs of heat damage so the little baby heatsinks seems to work well enough. Then again I don't live in the Mojave Desert anymore. The absolute white light these things put off are amazing. It's like daylight. Curious what more than 8 (7) would look like!
2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's