OK folks,

I have my '01 X-Terra and its front bumper was replaced when I purchased it. It would APPEAR that the metal bumper and the plastic bumper faring (more specifically) have space for fog lights. Right now they have the look of just nifty little 'air intakes' because there are no fog lights on the vehicle. I looked under there though and I see the original electrical harness plugs for the fog lights. So I gets to thinking: "Hey why don't I install some KC day-lighter fog lamps or something on the front of this thing?" So my question(S) to you all are as follows:

1.) Would you install the fog lights in the area provided in the bumper OR is this just a total hassle and I should just mount those bad dudes on the bumper proper?? How would I go about doing that? And waht is the BEST installation method?
2.) Do you recommend the OEM kit over the KC day-lighter (or other 3rd party) option and can I drop those in there "plug and play" since the wire harness ends are just sitting right there?
3.) Will these be ready to go since I DO have a fog lights switch on my control signal lever in the vehicle??
4.) If I use the space provided in the bumper faring - do I have to modify the installation 'recesses' to be able to fit and attach the lights?

OK, so those are my questions - so what say all of you? Is this even worth it? (well duh right?) and how would a 'pro' go about doing this so my X doesn't look like a total trash heap after I'm done with it?

P.S. - Does anyone recommend a system that has TONS of Candle-power? I HATE wimpy fog lights!!!