This started off with a combination of working WAY too much these days and not having much time off, my need do make/build stuff, lots of extra wood/parts taking up valuable space in my garage, and NEVER having anyone in the backseat area of my X.

Also know that it is VERY hard to take pics of the back seat area of your X... I ALMOST took my doors off several times. crazy

The bottom of the seats, under the cushions, is a very strange shape and it isn't parallel with the actual ground SO the first part of making the actual box was LOTS of measuring, cutting, measuring some more, cutting some more, and just plain 'ol guessing and eyeballing. When I started I figured this was just a prototype to see if it could actually be done. If it did turn out ok I thought (and still do) I could take it out and have it made out of metal by a pro. I haven't made it that far yet.

Making the sides fit was "FUN"!

What the inside started like

I HAD the lid open to the rear at first (even though I knew I would be changing it later. At the time I only had 2 hinges.

I later changed it to two doors and long hinges.

2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's