AAL will stiffen the ride and reduce the tires ability to follow the terrain, and, the valving for the shocks needs to be stronger to compensate for the change in spring rate, etc...but for what yo describe, would probably be ok.

The non-lifted X can fit the shocks for the lift, because the lift only raises the ride height, not the compressed length of the shock.

The lift kit shocks are also valved a bit stronger to account for the AAL and typically larger tires, higher COG, etc.

If you do decide to lift later, you could just leaves the shocks and only get the other parts that lift it.....and if you never lift, you can just leave the shocks indefinitely....again, they fit a stock X.

I can't look up the part numbers on my phone w/o giving up the rest of my evening...but as long as the FRONT shocks are not the ones that have a built in shelf that lifts you by itself (Sort of a built in bumpstop...), they should be good.

Edited by TJ (15/12/13 05:23 PM)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif