I actually just ran across my original email that had my user name and password from 2009 and saw your Post and figured what the heck and replied. (ETA - I actually found an older email from 2007 so I really can't say how far back I go for sure wink

I was on XOC almost daily till the site went down. I was with the AZXC at the time and we had our annual Fat Tire/Toys 4 Tots event coming up so I scrambled to create my own forum to use to continue our planning, etc. I just never felt like coming back to XOC when all my posts were all labeled anon and I had no way of controlling the content of the AZXC section for the Club.

I ran the club for years and held it together the best I could and managed the Website/Forum and Advertising Revenue from them. I had an offer for help, which was long overdue and I gave him admin access. Then he was one of the few that showed up for an Election Meeting and ran for/won Presidency.

Immediately after, I was reduced to normal access and striped of my Admin rights without even a mention of why, etc.

I let about a year go by until the Dues were due for the next calendar year, when I got a nasty reply when I paid them. I was basically told that I would be railroaded out, therefore I asked if he was going to refund my Dues then I wanted to be deleted from the AZXC Forum. I don't think they realized that when I was deleted, it was going to delete almost the entire forum. LOL

Now they changed their name to something that includes other Nissan Makes, etc. Good for them, but not for Toys for Tots of which they boycotted last year because New Belgium supported some environmental issue that impacted 4x4ing or land use. I really don't know exactly. We managed without them and had a great time with the Dirty Girls anyways! Not sure what's going on for this year (first weekend of Aug), if they are even invited to begin with. I'm sure Stone wouldn't judge the good people of AZXC and they'd have no issues, just mostly the leadership maybe, that's for them to figure out.

I'm on my 3rd Xterra. I just scored a bunch of Calmini parts that have been sitting since 2003. All new in the box (Exhaust system, Rear Diff Cover, Gas Tank Skid, Torsion bars and Add-a-Leafs) from an auction!

I've been collecting parts for years and had hoped to be done enough and have the money saved up to do the Swanky AZRun this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Last year was a blast!

So major additions coming, however not many would know and I may rarely check back to see if there was ever a reply to any forum now. Just more to life than being right and getting the last word. I burned out on the opinions and bravado.

I do miss the outings and Club activities, especially the chili cook-offs that I almost always won! I met a lot of great people and hate the fact it was just a small few that make life difficult for everyone. Karma's a bi%ch and bites hard.

Take care all and Hey Carlton if you're still around! I don't know who runs XOC anymore, but glad to see it is still here.

Regards,
Adam

Edited by Conundrum (21/04/14 01:40 AM)
Edit Reason: Added information.