Hello all, I have had the xterra for 3 or so years now, love it but in the summer I have A/C issues, it's always been this way and this year I need to fix it! It's going to be a hot one in Albuquerque this year, so please help!

I am having a weird issue with my A/C but it looks more like it's an electrical issue... I've got a 2006 xterra and sometimes when I start it the A/C won't come on, no matter what level, and I've noticed that when it doesn't come on neither do the lights on the dash for the A/C controls... just blows hot air.

Most of the time if I'm driving long enough after quite a few minutes, it will just all the sudden come on! Lights come on, I feel and hear the compressor come on and nice cold air comes out.

When the A/C does finally come on it seems to work fine and doesn't shut off by itself or anything, but if I were to shut off the engine and go into a store there is a good possibility it will not come back on when I start up again.

This happens a good portion of the time but not every time I start, sometimes it works, just most of the time not

Any ideas?