I'm one of the old farts who used to post here a lot. My account got nuked several years back during the meltdown. I bough my Xterra back in 2003 I think. It's a 2001 SE 4wd with the 5 speed. It had quite a few mods over the years - tires, bils, intake, exhaust, shrockworks bumper and etc.

Last Saturday I finally fixed the things I always wanted on my Xterra. I added a turbo diesel, a big lift, two solid axles, coil springs and plenty towing capacity.

Bastards at the dealership only offered me $1000 for my old girl, so I'll be selling it myself in the next couple of weeks. So far my Xterra has been the best vehicle I ever owned. When I bought it I was married with no kids and going to grad school. I never expected to keep it so long, but with three kids (newest only a month old) and plenty of room at my place for heavy toys to be towed, I finally decided it was time to move on. I'll miss her though - hardly gave me any trouble over the 12 years I had her, and she spent plenty of time in the dirt.

Any other of the old guard still around? It seems pretty slow around here these days. Ian, Carlton, ChuckH, (that asshole) Brent, NY Madman, SoCal, etc.?

Hopefully the new truck treats me as good as the Xterra. Chrysler is owned by Fiat now, so what could possibly go wrong? grin

Edited to clarify - that asshole is referring to Brent, not ChuckH. If you don't understand why I'm calling him an asshole, do a search before you ask me for details.

Edited by pnwbeers (01/06/15 03:04 PM)