yeah, stay away from KMA. bad customer service. i can say more, but i shall leave that for later.

If you want to make your own bumper that's cool. the outer part is 3/16" sheet steel that has been run through a sheet metal break to attempt and form matching curved surfaces with the plastic end pieces and match the stock rear bumper. under that is standard 2x4" box steel going across and then 2 more pieces welded onto that and they go into the frame. It would be better if the recovery shackles were actually all the way through not just weleded on the outside, like mine and MCs. go look at the Bulletproof site to se how they do their shackle mounts. the most difficult piece is probably the sheet metal as you have to get the dimensions right and then find someone who can bend 3/16" steel. i do not know the measurements of mine, but it should take you too long to figure them out. i think when Kyle and i did that, we did almost all the measurements in about 1.5 to 2 hours.

good luck.

[This message has been edited by Synchro (edited 02-22-2001).]