There are two ways to get their:1,take the ferry to Vancouver Island and drive to Port Hardy then take the ferry to Prince rupert. Then take a third ferry to the Charlottes.(this would take about three days, but the ferry ride in the day time is fantastic along the inside passage b.c coast, it is expensive around$400 depending on the time of year. 2. drive to Prince George ( I stay in Vanderhoof (1 hr further on) at the hillside in, nice place 12 hr drive) then next day 7-8 hr to rupert this is the best drive fantastic veiws particularly the last 1.5 hr along the Skeena river,oh and the bulkly valley is nice. Then again a ferry ride to the Charlottes. Yes there are lots of marked 4X4 trails and places to stay. There is even a place to rent Kayaks in the Charlottes, and guides.They will take you to Moresby Island. I had the most fun 4X4ing there than any place to date, but I would not do it alone! it is very remote at the best of times. Again the fishing is the best I have ever experiance and I love to fish.You can go to the Charlottes and 4X4 with out any one else and do just fine its just along Rose point that back up would be nice I did it alone in my Landcruiser but I almost lost the truck in the pebble sand (nasty stuff) stop moving once and its over. Just thinking back to that trip puts a smile on my face it was FANTASTIC! The wheather is always an issue but still I strongly recommend it. surf the net and see what its all about It is an awesome trip, really.