Quote:
But the basic design is completely identical!...Install air lockers front and rear and swap in a lower gear set....Still tons less expensive than a Disco, even if you pay the pros and never turn a wrench yourself! The layout and mechanicals are what is being questioned...not the gear ratios and type of differential.
Say it with me...sarcasm. laugh

Quote:
I'd rather chide Xtracurricular for reviving a month-dead thread with nothing useful to add...
I guess I had a lot of time on my hands Sunday cause I think I posted on anything that moved. Bottom line is this, the system is great for what it is intended for. (discounting the IFS) There are only two more sophisticated systems worth a shit for actual off roading in my book.

#1 is from the Mercedes G wagon. Lockers front, rear, and center. Yes center, so you can go 4wd on mixed ice, snow and clear pavement without worrying about binding up your drive terrain. Who can afford $95k to $100k?

#2 is out of the Rubicon. Lockers front and rear with a 4 to 1 low range. Good luck trying to fit anything in the damn thing. Notice the plethora of aftermarket exterior racks?

I think you can see where I am going with this...