I don't make any big claims like some. I don't do rock crawling. First and foremost, there aren't any rocks HERE, nor are places like that nearby.

The terrain we have here is either high and dry, like parts of Ocala, where I've posted pictures from before, or swampy, like most of where we go.

In the really swampy areas, the last thing you'd want to do is stop your vehicle and get out. You'll be up to your hips in water, and mud halfway up your shins. Nasty stuff. Because of this, few of us are willing to get out and take pictures. wink

But fret not, I did take a video many moons ago when a friend got his new Pathfinder. This was taken during the dry season. Try to spot any sand here:

A friend owns a chunk of land near Lake Harney, FL. Half the year much of the area is underwater. This video was taken during the "dry season". Video

A few lessons learned:

1. Don't let John drink & drive, even on his own property.
2. Even if you buy the upgraded tires from Nissan, they're still pretty sorry.
3. Automatic locking hubs on some vehicles require rolling several feet before they'll engage. So lock them early!
4. If you're going out playing off-road, take a buddy, or at least a cell phone. Having to walk 4 miles back to the campsite to get help isn't fun.
5. Find the biggest redneck you can after getting stuck. Two of 'em is better.
7. Make sure to video tape the entire event. Your buddy's friends and wife will find this even funnier.

Yes I do wheel. Not in the dry rock crawling sense some of you do. But don't dismiss swamp driving as easy, or you'll end up worse than my buddy. I have 2 4x4s, nothing else. I go out most weekends. Some dry trails, some very nasty. You and anyone else are welcome to join us.

I went Jeepin when I lived in Arizona (3 years), been to Pismo several times when TDY at VAFB:
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
I've been out to Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona on a couple of trips too. I took a 4WD Amigo and an ATV. Went on several out there. Still have more VHS tapes to convert...

In the meantime, you're welcome to take a look at some of the pictures from our club: Linky. Not much sand there either. Oh, this is what Ocala looks like in the wet season (starting next month, hopefully). Gets worse as the season goes on.

We're planning a trip in June, wanna go? No, I'm not going in the really deep stuff, I'll leave that to my buddies spinning 40"+ tires. Might be a nice change from those dry rocks though. cool