Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 217 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#663120 - 24/06/05 06:55 AM Spurs 'Dynasty'
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
OK, all y'all from San Anton', and other Spur's fans... I just read today that the Spurs are being considered a dynasty becasue they won 3 of the last 7 championships.

Question for you? Do you really think they are a dynasty having won less than half of the previous titles? Me no, they are not.

3:7 no. 4:7 possibly. 5:7 yes.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#663121 - 24/06/05 07:24 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope. A team ought to have to win 3 or more in a row, before it can be called a dynasty, and you ought to at least be the champion of a sport over half the time in the time period, to be a dynasty.

But I'd be willing to bet there are an awful lot of teams that won 3 championships, in their respective sport, in 7 years. Doesn't make them a dynasty; hell, that means only 43% of the time over the past 7 years, were they the champions... Which also means 57% of the time, they weren't... Got to at least be over 50% in the time period, to be considered a dynasty.

The Bulls were a dynasty. In college, UCLA was a dynasty. Spurs? Not yet. Lets see them win a couple more in a row, first.

#663122 - 24/06/05 07:45 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
4 OF 7, No? I disagree. That's definitely a dynasty imo. If it was 3 of 5, then I could make the argument that they are one now. There's just no way that 3 of 7 qualifies.

The reason the Spurs are even being talked about as a dynasty now is because they are in great position to win a few more. Also, they have the highest winning percentage for any team in any team sport during that time.

#663123 - 24/06/05 08:40 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
4:7 to me is in the 'possibly' range because of how the wins can fall.

WW LLL WW then never make it back to the finals... ehhhhhh probably not

W LL WWW L Maybe. In this case you have a 3-peat, but a loss on the final try. The case for dynasty here would be made on 'they won 4:6', not 4:7

LL WWWW L Yes. Even though there is a final 'loss' you have a 4-peat.

4:7 is just too close to call. Winning 57% of the time is just not a dynasty to me.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#663124 - 24/06/05 09:26 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
W LL WWW L Maybe. In this case you have a 3-peat, but a loss on the final try. The case for dynasty here would be made on 'they won 4:6', not 4:7
In this case, the last L wouldn't have mattered because they would have claimed dynasty the year before saying they three-peated and won 4 of the last 6. That would have been etched in history and it wouldn't matter that they lost the current year.
Quote:
LL WWWW L Yes. Even though there is a final 'loss' you have a 4-peat.
Same thing here. They wouldn't say anything about the two L's before the 4 W's. The year before this year where you have them losing, it would have been said they just won 4 years in a row... no mention of 4 of the last 6 because that wouldn't make sense to even bring up anything before that unless there's another win nearby.

#663125 - 24/06/05 11:28 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
OK, all y'all from San Anton', and other Spur's fans... I just read today that the Spurs are being considered a dynasty becasue they won 3 of the last 7 championships.

Question for you? Do you really think they are a dynasty having won less than half of the previous titles? Me no, they are not.

3:7 no. 4:7 possibly. 5:7 yes.

s
Nope...not a Dynasty, yet...we will get that answer next season, and then next, etc., etc..

Whahoooooo!!!!...Spurs are the 2005 NBA Champs...way to go, Boys!!!!
Hats off go to the Detroit Pistons for making this a great Final series...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#663126 - 24/06/05 12:06 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

A Dynasty would be the Bulls of the 90's. 2 Three-peats!! 6 Crowns in 7 years.......THAT'S a dynasty.

#663127 - 24/06/05 12:56 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. Go West. Spurs should've won that in 5, they were too pooped from their series w/ PHX wink . Which I'm saying right now, they'll not win next year. I see PHX as a healthy team stepping up the D in 05-06 and being unstoppable to the very end. Amare will have grown another year, and Nash and the rest will have had that time to gel even better. Suns as NBA Champions in 06 [ThumbsUp]

#663128 - 24/06/05 01:54 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
Yeah, yeah. Go West...Suns as NBA Champions in 06 [ThumbsUp] ...
Hmmm...this seems like a good start for another "Fat Tire" bet ? cool smile laugh [Smoking] [LOL] ...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#663129 - 25/06/05 07:37 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

No. I don't even think the recent Lakers run was a dynasty.

On top of that, I think think they've benefitted from some weakness in the league. I like both of the teams in the finals this year and I like the way they play, but neither would have a chance in hell against one of the good Lakers teams (the early Shaq/Kobe years) or good Bulls teams.

#663130 - 26/06/05 08:05 AM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
A Dynasty would be the Bulls of the 90's. 2 Three-peats!! 6 Crowns in 7 years.......THAT'S a dynasty.
6 in 8 years. Houston won two in a row in between the two Bulls three-peats.

The Spurs are not a dynasty. Not even close. Some people still argue that the Patriots are not a dynasty (though I think they are) and they've won 3 out of 4.

The 90's Bulls? Absolutely. No argument there.

What about the 80's Lakers? Or 80's Celtics? Can you have two dynasties at the same time, or does that violate the concept? Since the Lakers won two more titles (I think), does that mean the Lakers were they dynasty and the Celtics were just very good?

Thoughts?

#663131 - 26/06/05 07:10 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris..:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
[b]A Dynasty would be the Bulls of the 90's. 2 Three-peats!! 6 Crowns in 7 years.......THAT'S a dynasty.
6 in 8 years. Houston won two in a row in between the two Bulls three-peats.

Thoughts?[/b]
My bad.....I thought it was only one year difference while Jordan got his Gambling shit taken care of.

#663132 - 26/06/05 08:51 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
off2cjb Offline

I am glad to see the good guys win. I hope they can keep this team together and see if they can win some more.

#663133 - 05/07/05 03:18 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
Anonymous
Unregistered

5th year in a row..Sounds like a dynasty to me laugh ..
KOBAYASHI

#663134 - 05/07/05 04:08 PM Re: Spurs 'Dynasty'
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Obi Wan Ginobli...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal