Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 221 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6785 - 11/09/05 09:37 PM My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

Took my friend's little girl to Dairy Queen and came out to find an older lady looking at the back of my truck and scratching her head. Backed into me with her damn Caravan and hit the passanger side bumper. Completely inverted the corner of the bumper, popped out the rear-side step and broke the tail light. Didn't touch the paint or the metal, but it hurts all the same. Could have been much worse, of course, and at least she was decent enough to stop and let me take down her information. Had my last truck for 9 years and never had an accidint. Got a new truck I was really proud of and SMACK. Not a big deal in the whole scheme of things, but I knew you all would feel my pain. Just venting...thanks.

#6786 - 11/09/05 09:54 PM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

OUCH!!! that sucks! oh well, at least no damage to metal, paint, and people.

That's still a pretty bad "first scratch" though.

#6787 - 11/09/05 10:54 PM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

1st one's always the worst. Props to her for at least stopping and doing the right thing [ThumbsUp]

#6788 - 11/09/05 10:59 PM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

U came to the right place to vent. We share your pain. [Crybaby]

Good News:
Metal wasnt touched
Plastic is cheap to replace.

Bad News:
Step insert from Nissan Corp is/was on back order. I waited 8 wks before recieving mine.
Tail Light- expensive? backorder? I dont know.

#6789 - 12/09/05 08:41 PM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it. came home today and my roommates car was backed into today. sliced open his tire, front fender demolished, headlight housing trashed, and rides sideways now............moment of silence

#6790 - 13/09/05 06:54 AM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, at least she stopped to give you her info. my old jeep got hit a couple of times. never so much as a note. f'n pisses me off.

#6791 - 13/09/05 07:06 AM Re: My baby got backed into
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I was coming out of the grocery store the other day...a toyota corolla swung its door open so hard that it made a sound loud enough to hear across the lot...of course, they swung the door into my X parked along side them.

They hit the X so hard it dented and distorted their door and cracked their window glass, so bad the door wouldn't even latch.

I had zero damage, not even a scratch...they hit the Shrock Bar, didn't even scratch the powder coat.

laugh

Then the driver tells me indignantly that people with big SUV's should be outlawed because of the damage they can do to smaller cars in a collision.

[Spit]

I replied that if I also had a corolla she'd owe me about $2000, and if I were just sitting there on my motorcycle, her giant car would have caused me on my smaller cycle enough injury to cost her every cent she ever has or would have in the future...

So maybe she should open her door more carefully rather than blaming what she hits for her damage...as the next guy might not have a conveniently positioned high strength steel bar to fend her off.

She not so appologetically replied that I'll probably flip over... [Freak]

And I replied, as I drove away, that at least my door might keep me from falling out.

laugh

She had NO idea how lucky or stupid she was.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#6792 - 13/09/05 07:17 AM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL [LOL]
Yeah it is nice to have that heavy gauge steel. I have been backed into.. HARD!!! Rear ended VERY HARD!! And hit on th passenger side.

Total Damage a little scratch on the rear hatch. Everyone else I would say is about $10,000 worth of damage.

#6793 - 13/09/05 06:29 PM Re: My baby got backed into
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Bad News:
Step insert from Nissan Corp is/was on back order. I waited 8 wks before recieving mine.
Tail Light- expensive? backorder? I dont know.[/QB]
8 weeks? wow. How can it take so long for a truck that is currently in production? 06 will have the same step I am assuming. I haven't been able to get an estimate yet. Debating as to whether I should go to the dealership which is an hour away or just to a local body shop.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal