Ya know... I admit I'm a relative "newbie" here... or F.N.G.... or whatver appellation a three month member gets/deserves... but I have noticed one thing about XOC.

It is littered/infested with high-handed, smarmy, self-appointed "post police".

Now... while I'm new *here*, I am not *new* to the web, nor am I unfamiliar with hosting and moderating a web bbs. I very well aware of bandwidth usage/cost/and the inefficiency of repeat posts/questions and answers that are readily available via the "search" function. Were I moderating this bbs, I'd just about choke at another XTerra Mileage complaint.

That said, while we all encourage the use of the "search" function, can the self-appointed "post-police" understand that web based scripts (responsible for the "search" function) are not always flawless?

I've seen some downright rude and even abusive replies (from both old-timers and new members alike) responding to a simple question... a question that was NOT provided a satisfactory link based on the reasonable information request input.

"Search" is a tool designed to save web based bandwidth function/waste. This can save a bbs from unnecessary expense.

All in all, I'd encourage the following...

1. Use the "Search" function with as many accurate terms as possible... and then post your question. After all, that's what this place is supposed to be all about... uh... help... asking questions and receiving assistance.

2. "Post-Police" types: if it takes you longer to locate the link that you post, just to "dump on" the person asking the question, just answer the damn question without the editorial commentary, okay? .

I love this place. I can't tell ya how many great ideas I've gotten here... but RELAX... its a website about a truck... and its the MODERATORS that are resonsible for bandwidth use/abuse.