All –

Finally got a chance to wax lyrical with our rep at Hi-Lift and the splendid Lift-Mate we played with and/or cut hands with at Barnwell.

According to Hi-Lift the purpose of the Lift-Mate is three fold:

1. Allow you to lift your tire and get boards/rocks/ underneath in the event of traction loss (which we assumed was it’s purpose)
2. Allow lifting in the event a vehicle has a plastic OEM bumper that would not support the weight of a vehicle on a high-lift. In this case, you would lift the tire with the Lift-Mate to a height where you could then put a jack stand under the vehicle. This makes some sense, as the OEM Nissan bumpers would not hold if we tried to Hi-Lift off them.
3. Allow for ‘lower’ lifting. In other words, say your truck is stuck in a rut, and you need to dig it out/lift it up to get planks under the wheels. A Hi-Lift jack works well on flat land, but the Lift-Mate gives you that extra six inches of ‘lower lifting’.

I did tell them, among other things, we thought a wing nut would be nice in lieu of the nylon thread nut. I also mentioned the fact the Lift-Mate did not work on out stock 15-inch rims (as the side wall brace was too high/low). Hi-Lift did say that only Jeepers have tried the tool so far, and they have made changes based on their comments. We were the first Nissan people to give it a whirl, and Hi-Lift did say they realize they will have to tailor the Lift-Mate for specific brands, and ‘they will incorporate our ideas into any Nissan specific product they make.’

There was mention of allowing us to test more new stuff as it comes out.

Oh, Kraig, no free jack. I tried. They said be careful next time.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!