Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 217 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179631 - 15/01/04 10:41 AM My windshield!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, so there is some kind of overspray of paint or something all over my brand new Xterra. frown I think it's paint, but I'm not sure. It's also all over my windshield and i can't wash it off. When it rains and i use my wipers, I can't see out of my windshield because it horrible streaking. Does anyone know what I can do to get this stuff off of my windshield and my paint?
Thanks everybody! [Wave]

#179632 - 15/01/04 10:55 AM Re: My windshield!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try a bug & tar remover, if it smears it may be oil based. I know guys in construction that were too close to a log house being stained and that is what they used to clear it off and a good wax job on the paint after. Looked GOOD

#179633 - 15/01/04 11:31 AM Re: My windshield!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey! Thanks alot, I'm going to try that this weekend!! laugh

#179634 - 15/01/04 11:32 AM Re: My windshield!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If its over-spray from paint then nothing a little nail polish remover cant handle. Just make sure you dont get it on anything else but the windsheild.

Also using a razor blade helps to scrape the surface of the glass.

If its tar from the road then you should use a good degreaser, again dont get it on anything else but the window. Or Laquer fluid works really well. I used that stuff when i detailed for my dads Body Shop as a teenager to get rid of overspary on windows and grease.

good luck to ya!

#179635 - 15/01/04 02:03 PM Re: My windshield!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could also try using a clay bar to remove the overspray. Check you vehicle body as well, if the windshield has overspray the body will have some too. Just be sure to put a good coat of wax bak on after you are done with the clay bar.

#179636 - 19/01/04 06:55 PM Re: My windshield!!!
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
If you have paint over spray on a brand new truck I would be asking questions. Where they paint the Xterra’s in the factory is nowhere near where they put in the glass! The glass is put on several hours after it is painted.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal