Problem posting?
by Tom
Today at 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
Today at 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 306 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#492519 - 18/08/09 03:58 PM Is this why my A/C does not work anymore ??
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I am no mechanic here but is this yellowish greenish spot at the bottom right (right side of the X) side of the A/C radiator (sorry I wasn't sure on the lingo here)the reason why I keep loosing freon thus having no A/C !
Are there any instructions as to how to replace this unit (I somehow don't think it is repairable)?
THanks

[image]http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is.php?i=695704&img=8584skateboarding_0.jpg[image]
[image]http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is.php?i=695703&img=skateboarding_0.jpg[image]

PS. Sorry I am new at this adding picture thing !

Edited by Solar (18/08/09 04:05 PM)

#492558 - 19/08/09 08:04 PM Re: Is this why my A/C does not work anymore ?? [Re: Solar]
Cyclemut Offline
Nissan Guru

Loc: Denver, CO
Yeah, looks like you've got a leak there all right.

Try these...

As far as replacement, it is pretty straightforward. Remove the radiator, condensor (A/C radiator thingy) and reinstall new one. Take a drop of the oil (clean) from the condensor and wipe it on the new o-rings of the condensor when you reconnect it and then recharge the system. Should be all she wrote.

Edited by Cyclemut (19/08/09 08:08 PM)

How's that hopey changey thing working for you?

#492566 - 20/08/09 10:33 AM Re: Is this why my A/C does not work anymore ?? [Re: Cyclemut]
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I guess that would also be a good time to flush the cooling system!

Once replaced I guess I have to have a shop draw a vacuum and fill with freon, correct?

Are there any home made ways to draw a vacuum (just can't see paying $120 for A/C service).

#492569 - 20/08/09 12:26 PM Re: Is this why my A/C does not work anymore ?? [Re: Solar]
Slownis Offline

Since you've already lost pressure, its fine for you to go rent a vacuum pump from Napa or some comperable auto parts store that rents vacuum pumps. You need A/C gauges with a service line to do it properly. You would still come out ahead, or at least break even, plus a set of gauges if you did it yourself.

Edited by Slownis (20/08/09 12:27 PM)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal