Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176449 - 18/01/04 10:22 AM Touch Up Paint for Thermal Red
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I only had my truck for 2 weeks and I noticed some scratches on the side after I took it to a car wash. There has been a ton of road salt from the snow and I am leaving town for 5 weeks so I figured I'd get it washed, Big Mistake I guess going to the car wash. Any way now I am searching up and down for Nissan Thermal Red Touch Up Paint and I cant find it on any site. Does anyone out there have any advice on who may have this online. Much appreciation in advance.

#176450 - 19/01/04 06:38 PM Re: Touch Up Paint for Thermal Red
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Why does everyone always forget the Nissan dealer parts counter near you?

Small items like that are just not worth buying online! Order from Xterraparts you are going to pay $7+ just for shipping even on small items that weigh less than half a pound!

For example

Touch up paint on xterraparts is 3.99

Add shipping to Brooklyn NY for that little ½ ounce bottle of paint!

UPS ground 7.75
Priority mail 8.15
Parcel post 10.80

Minimum you are going to pay is $11.74 !

Or you do what I did. Walk into the dealership go to the parts counter and say you need touch up paint. Pay them the $4.95 + tax ($5.25) then go home fix your scratch.

Even for big items you can ask them to match the price at the parts counter. What’s the worst that could happen? They say no? More than likely they will lower the price a little to make the sale.

Another example

I wanted a trailer hitch for my new X, looked up the hitch on xterraparts. They want $272.65 for it, with the cheapest shipping option it would cost $310.41 !

Went to the parts counter and they said $300 initially. I told them the price I had found online. Then they offered to sell it to me for $256! Total with tax $271.36! They had it in stock and I installed it that day myself.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#176451 - 25/01/04 08:28 AM Re: Touch Up Paint for Thermal Red
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanx for the advice smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal