Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182279 - 14/03/02 10:32 PM Broken Wheel Lock with Flat Tire
jinx Offline

Loc: The T-dot! Ontario
Hey everyone, so heres the story, i get a flat tire in the city (didnt hear a pop or nothing just the thump thump), ive had my x for 18 months, never had a problem. So i think, flat tire no problem, take out the trusty gadgets and first things first wanna take off my wheel lock, settle it in, grab my trusty heavy duty socket wrench (ive already marked the right socket for just a handy occasion) and on the first try of removing the wheel lock it snaps!!! make a long story short, roadside assistance is called and my x is towed to my nissan dealership. They 'replace' my tire, and ALL my wheel locks (at my expense) --- they say that the locks arent covered under their warranty --- anyone have any ideas? should i fight this?

#182280 - 15/03/02 07:54 AM Re: Broken Wheel Lock with Flat Tire
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
They're not warranty items, that much I know. They're provided by McGuard, and are accessories offered by Nissan. There is a "protection package" that Nissan put together for dealers to offer that includes rubber floor mats, airbag anti-theft bolts, and wheel locks (MSRP $129) and I presume that's how you got them. link

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#182281 - 15/03/02 09:26 AM Re: Broken Wheel Lock with Flat Tire
jinx Offline

Loc: The T-dot! Ontario
thanx for the info, FYI, my x is a 2001 SE and the wheel locks come as part of the overall package, - might be different up here in the great white north (canada)?

#182282 - 15/03/02 09:44 AM Re: Broken Wheel Lock with Flat Tire
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Look for the McGuard papers, Nissan should have given them to you, McGuard should send you a replacement.. and make sure no one uses an impact on them. Once a year a coat the threads with anti-seize, calcium really like to bind the threads.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal