Problem posting?
by Tom
Today at 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
Today at 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 306 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#525684 - 27/03/07 01:25 PM Headlight/taillights staying on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sometimes when I turn the truck off, the headlights and tailights stay on. I lock the doors, (i've checked to make sure they're all shut tight) and it beeps at me and the interior lights go out, but the head and tail lights stay on. If i just turn the ignition to on and off real quick (without starting the car) the lights go off.

Again, it doesn't happen all the time, but it's happened maybe 3 or 4 times since I've had it.

In what may be related, my VDC OFF and SLIP lights have come on a few times. I read about the wiring problems that have plagued a few other X's and it looks like mine is a part of this. Super fun.

The only thing I've done is put in a new stereo, but the headlight thing happened before that. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help guys.

#525685 - 27/03/07 04:41 PM Re: Headlight/taillights staying on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude...I'm confused. Are you manualy turning the lights on and then turning the ignition off, expecting the lights to turn off automatically? Or, are the lights turning themselves on at some point and you can't get them to turn off?

Rob

#525686 - 27/03/07 07:35 PM Re: Headlight/taillights staying on
Anonymous
Unregistered

No no no, sorry. I turn the lights off with the switch, turn the car off, but the lights stay on. Flipping the switch to turn the lights on and off again does nothing.

Even with the light switch in the OFF position, the lights don't go out until I put the key in and turn it on (without starting the engine). Again, this doesn't happen every time but it has happened enough for me to notice.

Sorry if this is confusing.

#525687 - 27/03/07 08:27 PM Re: Headlight/taillights staying on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh OK. Geez...definitely sounds like some bad wiring, or the headlight switch has gone bad. It should still be under warrantee, have you tried the stealer?

Rob

#525688 - 27/03/07 08:42 PM Re: Headlight/taillights staying on
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I am taking it in on Thursday to fix an unrelated issue, I asked them about it last time but I don't even think they checked it out. I was just curious to see if anyone had a similar issue before.

Also, I think I've got the window rattle issue too. Fanfrickintastic. Other than that, I love my X!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal