Problem posting?
by Tom
Today at 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
Today at 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 306 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322413 - 30/04/08 05:54 AM Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i broke down and had some help from a Buddy and i purchased the Rock lights from Round Eye so mod day at the shop this sat for the Sedona run. i will post up on the install and was it worth the $$$
Onix laugh

#322414 - 30/04/08 09:38 AM Re: Rock lights
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
You going to need some help soldering? ... I might be extending ABS lines this weekend on Sheilas truck so we can install her leafs. Once I get rolling with the solder and heat shrink, I can just keep rolling at it if ya want?

If Sheila's leafs get in today, I hope I get to come check these things out. Did you at least power one up yet?

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#322415 - 30/04/08 02:42 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help soldering?! Ha!! I watched him get it done one time with my Bic lighter so... [Finger] J/K althought he really did use a bic we have plenty of soldering guns around. And what do you mean you might be working on her truck? If the leafs are in then what good will it do to raise her ass even higher without stretching those lines? Well what ever and when ever it does happen, I would like to be there to help. [Smoking]

#322416 - 30/04/08 03:38 PM Re: Rock lights
MadManX Offline

You nut... I use a soldering pen (going to pick up a good one finally though, damn cheapies keep burnin up). A lighter burns up too much of the insulation. Use a very thin guage solder, not the crap most kits come with, or your gotta melt the piss out of everything to get that crap to stick. Get it hot FAST, and a quick touch and you're all good. Just don't forget the put the heat shrink on before soldering smile And a heat gun helps out at not melting the heat shrink, so you don't have to cut and start over. Will our tendancies for water crossings, water resistant is a plus smile

I still have to cut her ABS lines and extend them. Hence the soldering smile I'm going to cut them above the plugs and add about a foot of wire to each of them. So I plan on soldering and heat shrinking them together. Since if those fail we have BIG problems. I also have to cut and extend her eLocker wires too.

Her Leaf pack should be showing up as I type... Only thing missing is the Brake Lines to install them. We might go hunting locally if Gregg can't hunt down a source and ship them ASAP. Only forseeable problem still is the ebrake cable though.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#322417 - 30/04/08 03:42 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

dont buy any shrink tubing or wire loom i have garbage bags of both

#322418 - 01/05/08 12:19 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am just giving ya crap [LOL] Wally is right though, he has more wires and shrink tubing than anyone man should have so.....

#322419 - 01/05/08 12:32 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Onix, I just did this mod. I do not have any pics up yet but here is a link with the info I used. I have mine setup so when you hit the key fob button to open they come on when you open the doors when you are getting out or when you unlock with the key they come on. Then i can throw the switch and turn them on while driving.
Good luck hope this helps!!!
thenewx rock lights.

#322420 - 01/05/08 01:34 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info i might just do that .
Onix laugh

#322421 - 03/05/08 12:27 AM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

#322422 - 05/05/08 11:13 AM Re: Rock lights
MadManX Offline

Well Onix, I ordered some of the "nock-offs" this morning to compair against yours.

Heres what I ordered:
www.superbrightleds.com - Luxart LEDs

2x LUXART LED Module - UV-Blacklight ($30 ea)
2x LUXART LED Module - SBL Cool White ($20 ea)

BTW... 5 of your lights are "Cool White" and one is "Warm White" That site has a chart describing the two different whites.

The SBL LEDs look exactly like the ones you got. If they are, well they are a bit cheaper, $120+ shipping for 6. The UV LEDs are a bit more though, $180+shipping for 6 (but RoundEyes did not offer them). The only draw back to the UV ones is the resister pack is external from the LED assembly. Both are listed as waterproof, but not as Industructible like yours are.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#322423 - 05/05/08 03:39 PM Re: Rock lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmmmmmm those look likt the ones i just installed.Sweet lets do it!just make sure there all white with no odd balls

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal