Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395435 - 01/04/04 10:43 AM Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I am looking to spend some money, and others may still have tax return money left. Any good deals coming up? wink

#395436 - 02/04/04 01:34 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
IceChickenX Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I'm about to spend some $$$ on some sliders and yours (Shrockworks) seem to be the best...

I was thinking of buying them unpainted...getting "line-x" or something of the sort applied as a finish...then asking you for a couple of stickers to put on after the "line-x" application...

What do ya think?

#395437 - 02/04/04 02:37 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah!
i was thinking of doing the same thing.
do you have any idea how much it would cost to apply that bedliner?

#395438 - 02/04/04 02:50 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Find a bud to order with you order any 2 products and get 10% off.

#395439 - 02/04/04 04:25 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've bought his sliders unpainted. He includes stickers for them with the order.

#395440 - 02/04/04 04:52 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think they will stick to Line X

#395441 - 04/04/04 11:53 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
I promise you that that Line-x stuff, or any other bedliner will just scrape off when you drop the skid on a rock or some other obstacle. Then it will be harder to repair then the old rattle can method.
I checked into a few different liners, including Rhino, and a few other major brands that claim to be the strongest. THere is a big difference between throwing some tools and boxes in a truck bed and concentrating thousands of pounds on your slider and raking it across a sharp rock. I think that its not worth the cost. (to do it right, dont kid yourself, those do it your self liners are not as strong as the sprayed on ones)
If you do it do it right. But I am content in touching up my sliders once and a while to prevent rust.

#395442 - 04/04/04 08:31 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I think I will save the money spent on the powdercoat, and just get a can of black spray paint. You guys have sold me on the ARB, if it fits 2002 without cutting...then I am there. Now to find a good price. I am going to go with Shrockworks sliders also.

#395443 - 04/04/04 11:16 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Mosi coated the top of his EOE sliders with a Rhino-line material and it worked great. Basecoat of the slider was powder coated!

-Rick

#395444 - 05/04/04 12:42 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I painted my own sliders with a cheapo generic spray-it-yourself bed liner, for like $7.00 a can that I bought at Pep Boys. So far, the stuff has held up really well. I already have put a few gouges into the sliders, but I just clean them with a rag, run the can up under there and spray the spot. Takes all of 30 seconds.

#395445 - 05/04/04 12:50 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Sharam,
You have to do some real wheeling to actually USE your sliders. :p

Jason

#395446 - 05/04/04 12:54 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I painted my own sliders with a cheapo generic spray-it-yourself bed liner, for like $7.00 a can that I bought at Pep Boys. So far, the stuff has held up really well. I already have put a few gouges into the sliders, but I just clean them with a rag, run the can up under there and spray the spot. Takes all of 30 seconds.

#395447 - 05/04/04 02:39 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason,

I did use them. I stood on them, got them all dirty, and I think either you or some other drunk S.O.B. might have peed on them. They held up great. My point is, why not be a cheap bastard and paint them yourself. Seriously, does Shrock's kids really need another gold-plated pony?

And as for REAL wheeling...how about THIS?!?!

[Dammit, the pic won't load, but it's a picture of Steve spotting me over a parking block in the parking lot at my work. And I'm still spinning tires!]

#395448 - 05/04/04 05:27 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
OnlyOneDR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Seriously, does Shrock's kids really need another gold-plated pony?
Dude, for the extra hassle of sending them out to the powdercoaters, paying for the finish, then getting them back to his shop to ship out he is not making a mint off the powdercoat. I've been to the shop, talked to Jim, and heard the full story. He's the one that convinced me to buy mine unfinished and to paint them myself, if you can believe that. Where did that comment come from anyway?

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#395449 - 05/04/04 05:58 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Where did that comment come from anyway?

Uh....from a sense of humor? It was a joke. Hello? Gold plated pony?

#395450 - 07/04/04 09:58 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I try to make an honest living as a gold plated pony salesman...and you have to make disparaging comments like this?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sell gold plated ponies?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to herd them into the molten gold tank?

This is no easy living, let me tell you.

If Jim wants gold plated ponies, I say let him have them.

I mean, would you rather he bought a steel horse instead?

smile

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#395451 - 13/04/04 08:29 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Shrock Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Sorry guys, I've been swamped lately....

As "OnlyOneDR" mentioned, I prefer rattle can for sliders, and that is usually what I reccomend if people ask. I dont can WHAT you put on them, it's coming off if you drag them on a rock.

Professional spray on bed liner is a bad idea. From what I've been told, it wont stick to itself. So in order to touch it up, you have to CUT out a section and pay to have that spot re-done.

I usually use Duplicolor black primer and Semi-Gloss black paint, or their Gunmetal Grey color is a pretty close match to the X plastic. Hammerite paint is great stuff too, but a little pricey.

The spray can bed liners aren't nearly as tough as the professional stuff, but it does look nice and is easy to touch up. These sliders were done with it and some grip tape added:

The DIY Herculiner roll on liner IS very tough, but it has a very rough chunky texture.

If you dont have the time, just dont feel like messing with painting, or dont go off road much then get the powdercoat. It IS more duarable in everyday type use.

My son is 6mo old. He is only interested in things he can chew on or bang on the table. laugh

Deals, well I wasn't planning anything, but how 'bout this for the cash strapped, $20 off unpainted sliders, $278.00. Good for ONE WEEK ONLY (through 4/21). You must mention this post on XOC to get the deal.

Jim

#395452 - 14/04/04 06:45 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrock:
Deals, well I wasn't planning anything, but how 'bout this for the cash strapped, $20 off unpainted sliders, $278.00. Good for ONE WEEK ONLY (through 4/21). You must mention this post on XOC to get the deal.

Jim
Do you have any suggestions on how to explain to my wife that I need to spend $278 for your sliders when I have a "perfectly good" set of step rails hanging in my garage? frown

Marriage can be tough sometimes. [Crybaby]

#395453 - 15/04/04 04:14 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Just explain that you replaced the step rails with rock rails. The step rails would just break anyway...that's why they are hanging in the garage.

Examples of Further Ammunition:

The stock rails (Wasting precious storage space in the garage) can be sold on e-bay, etc. (First - so there are none in the garage)

Once garage is emptier...Wow, its really a pain to climb up into the truck! Oh, look, a great sale on new stronger rails that don't have to hang in the garage!

Side impact protection - Need strong side rails to fend off shopping carts and people on cell phones, etc.

Its my truck bitch, do I tell you what make-up you can buy?

wink

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#395454 - 15/04/04 09:29 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
IceChickenX Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shrock:
[b]Deals, well I wasn't planning anything, but how 'bout this for the cash strapped, $20 off unpainted sliders, $278.00. Good for ONE WEEK ONLY (through 4/21). You must mention this post on XOC to get the deal.

Jim
Do you have any suggestions on how to explain to my wife that I need to spend $278 for your sliders when I have a "perfectly good" set of step rails hanging in my garage? frown

Marriage can be tough sometimes. [Crybaby] [/b]
I'm in that exact same boat. I removed the factory step rails about 3 months ago...and haven't put them back on b/c I'm going to purchase Shrock's sliders. Meanwhile, my wife has been pleading with me to put them back on...I kinda keep putting it off (so to speak).

I told her I'm going to buy some sliders that benefit both her and I...I get the protection I want when offroading and she gets the step rails she wants, and they stay on all the time!!! The factory rails don't protect.

Now my only problem is trying to convince her I will be able to sell the factory rails eek

IceChickenX

#395455 - 15/04/04 10:21 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Ah, that won't be a problem, they easily bring $100+ on Ebay.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#395456 - 15/04/04 03:56 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tell her it is for her and the X's safety, the BRACKETS CRACK 2 inches in from the outside. This is without being bumped. If this busts while driving it could vault into the side of the truck or break while she is steping on it. So you are doing it for her and everyone who rides in it.

As a matter of fact I have a request:
EVERYONE GO OUT AND CHECK YOUR BRACKETS ON THE FRONT 2 INCHES IN FROM THE WELD THAT ATTACHES TO THE RAIL & MANY MAY FIND A CRACK OR HAIRLINE CRACK.

Shrocks Rock!

#395457 - 18/04/04 07:32 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchased the bumper and sliders together unpainted w/ the 10% deal... buddy of mine painted them for free and we put them on this weekend.
Only one problem.. didn't think about spacers for the body lift, so right now it's sitting 2inchs off.. oh well.. atleast they are on!
Thanks Jim!

#395458 - 27/07/04 07:12 PM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Ahh there is nothing like bringing back old threads from the dead [Too much XOC]

I couldn't find the suggested semi-gloss, so I got the duplicolor spray on bed liner, it doesn't state anything about priming the metal first, so my question is should I prime first when using the spray on bed liner?

Thanks, Erik

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#395459 - 28/07/04 07:40 AM Re: Hey Jim, any Shrockworks deals on the horizon?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used that duplicolor liner stuff on my back bumper after some old lady hit it in a parking lot and cracked a bunch of paint off it. all i did was scour the bumper realy good so the paint had something to stick to. It looks great and has lasted since Feb. This past weekend I went and painted the dulling hitch tubes that were visible so it looked better for a wedding i had to attend. If you use it make sure not to get to much paint in one spot cause it globs up then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal