At this point it may again be helpful to have some one with your or a small clamp...In either case as long as you haven't over tightend the side bolts it is easy to swing the front of the skid up to the bumper and line it up so there is no space between the bumper and the skid...mine fit perfect...you cannot even fit a piece of paper between the bumper and the skid...Either have your helper hold the skid in this position or clamp it in place...Using the drill and the bit drill the 4 holes through the bumper where each of the corresponding holes in the skid plate are...Then its just a matter of putting the screws through each of the 4 holes, putting the washer, lock washer, and nut on the other side, tightening each one down with the 13mm wrench and the plate is fully attached!! Once those four are in and tightend down go ahead and tighten down the side bolts and you are done!! One word of caution here---I used a torque wrench on the side bolts and torqued one down too much and the bolt tore in 1/2 leaving 1/2 of it in its hole---easily enough remedied by drilling what was left out and replacing it but just wanted to mention this snafu on my part...Regardless...you can now stand back and admire one of the easiest installs you will do and one that will go along way in protecting your X....First impressions??? Skid is light, tough and looks especially good(in my opinion) on a black X...I didn't run my Xterra into the side of my garage nor take a sledehamer to the skid so I can't report on that yet...but as soon as I take it out on the trail I will report back here and add that part of my review as well....Here are a few pics of it fully installed in my garage...I will try and take daylight pictures and post them tomorrow...Thanks!! Let me know what you all think!!