Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 214 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408224 - 06/02/06 02:48 PM PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I purchased a used Xterra that has a PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer piece of crap installed. I took it out, but now am having difficulties adjusting the two throttle cables. Does anyone have instructions on how to properly adjust these? I don't have a manual for the car. I should probably pick one up, anyone know where to get them cheap? I'd rather have a hardcopy instead of a manual on CD off of Ebay for $3 bucks.

I'm at work and need to drive home today. I went to the Nissan dealership and they wanted to charge me $95.00 just to get an estimate on what is wrong and how to fix it even though I told them it was a loose throttle cable. They just want to make money...

Keybored

#408225 - 06/02/06 03:38 PM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nevermind,

Found installation instructions here:

http://www.airaid.com/pdf/520-505.pdf

I had to remove the linkage plate.

I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust the throttle cables. Will be picking up a Chilton.

What a POS.

#408226 - 06/02/06 06:14 PM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well,

Trial and error paid off. I kept adjusting the two trottle cables and now everything works fine. Gas pedal does not have much slack and the automatic transmission kicks down properly.

#408227 - 06/02/06 06:23 PM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad we could help [LOL]

#408228 - 06/02/06 06:31 PM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

What was wrong with the PowerAid being on?

#408229 - 06/02/06 06:49 PM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

they're useless and make an annoying noise...

#408230 - 07/02/06 07:52 AM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
they're useless and make an annoying noise...
You are soooo GD right!

"puts on flame suit, lowers visor."

laugh

#408231 - 07/02/06 09:17 AM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

oooooh.. I had to click the pdf link before I realized this wasn't a *powerade* mod... lol, how ghetto would that be? [LOL]

and uh, by powerade, surely I mean powerade! (thanks google image search!)

#408232 - 07/02/06 10:28 AM Re: PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Poweraid Intake Spacer is annoying as HELL! I would never put that POS on any vehicle. I can't believe people pay $89.99 for that crap that makes an annoying whistle at 2K - 2.5K RPM. Every friend of mine thats into cars and has gotten in my car says "what they hell is that whistling sound". I would like to say "uh, it's my supercharger", but no. Its a lame as infomercial look a like POS.

It took a while to get my car back in order after uninstalling it. Without a car manual (non available at Kragens or Autozone) I had to figure it out myself. I found that the throttle cables and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) (both of which were unscrewed to remove the Poweraid) had to be tuned. The reason my automatic transmission was shifting improperly was because the TPS sensor wasn't reinstalled correctly.

I still have error codes (Service Engine Soon Light):

P0120 - TPS / Pedal Position Sensor A Ckt Malfunction

P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Ckt Malfunction Bank 1 or Sensor 1 Ckt Malfunction

I'm going to clear the error codes at Autozone and see if they come up again. I drove about 20 miles and they have not turned off. Not sure how long it takes for the computer to turn them off.

I didn't have any error codes before I removed the Poweraid POS.

- Keybored

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal