Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 214 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419398 - 10/08/01 10:36 AM problem getting my SLR lift
tommystyle Offline

Loc: Vanouver, BC, Canada
I ordered a SLR stage 1 lift in mid-July and requested that they ensure delivery for the end of the month to the location of my mechanic brother in northern Canada. Nearly mid Aug and still do not have it. I will admit that my brother was talking to SLR for ordering and for tech questions.

When it did not arrive at the end of the month, we were told that it was a UPS shipping problem. We accepted that and were told by SLR that it would be reshipped immediatley. The next weekend no lift - i called spencer personally this time, he was very personable on the phone, apologising for the prob. Still he blamed the shipping. I asked for the shipping number so I could call UPS myself. He said he would call me back with it, he did not. I called UPS and gave the shipper and receiver info (no tracking number), they said never have had a shipment for this address.

Any else having probs!! is SLR out of stock and stringin' me until they can ship

I want to believe that SLR is above board and talkin' to Spencer is reassuring BUT!!! my wheels and tires are sitting here cause i ain't got no lift. Maybe i should go with AC
sorry about length !! comments!!

#419399 - 10/08/01 11:36 AM Re: problem getting my SLR lift
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
I've only ordered two things from SLR (shackles in late December, body lift in early June) and both times it took a month longer than expected to receive them. In SLR's defense, however, both of those products didn't actually exist at the time I placed the order (although I did not know that), so I can understand some delay due to first production runs, etc.

In your case I'm not sure what the problem is, but you definitely have to call SLR!!! Also, and I don't mean this to sound bitter, don't believe Spencer Jr. for a second if he gives you an oddball reason your product hasn't shipped yet...I've heard all of them and I'm pretty sure none of them were true. They're probably just out of stock or something.

Good luck with it. smile

#419400 - 10/08/01 01:46 PM Re: problem getting my SLR lift
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Ordered the stage I, shackles, and shocks back in May...
Got em three days. They charged me 33 bucks shipping for three day UPS. That sucked, I didn't ask for that.
Install wasn't bad. T-Bars was the hardest part. Synchro and I ended up stranded overnight, but fixed it the next day

SLR just introduced some new NISMO ball joints into it's kit. The originals sucked "see reviews section". He sent me these upgraded ball joints for free. Just received those yesterday. Installing those this weekend. My bet is this: I know Spenser was working on some improvements to the upper A-arm. Gen 2 of the A arm set is due out soon. Maybe that's your delay.

#419401 - 10/08/01 10:19 PM Re: problem getting my SLR lift
tommystyle Offline

Loc: Vanouver, BC, Canada
laugh

Talked to spencer later today and got a tracking number and the like!! The kit should be on my doorstep saturday am!!
I will post photos in the next couple of weeks (if has to be that long big hockey tourney coming up this week, that is why i wanted the kit at the first of the month. I hope the delay was for improved pieces that would be alright in my books. Thanks for the responses.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal