Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 214 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#449109 - 04/06/08 03:06 AM Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is this happening only to me...or only here as I've been told by the Nissan dealership...or is the same for you too?

Have you cheched if you have cabin filter?
After 5000 km I felt that my A/C dosen't work as expected and I asked the mechanics to have it checked. After they told me all is all right, I double checked with my mechanic and he said the same. All works fine.
But he showed me that there is no cabin filter.
Second day I went back to the quick service and they said it is normal, and they will fit one for free at the 20000 km service.
The salesman at the showroom knew nothing about this regulation.
After that I was called by the company and they assured me that this regulation comes from Nissan and not from them.

Is this normal?..Can this be on a new car?

How stupid is to drive in the desert with no cabin filter?

Thank you for any answer.

#449110 - 04/06/08 10:04 AM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
Anonymous
Unregistered

its really not a big deal. Its just to catch pollen and dust to improve the air quality in the cabin. Its not going to hurt anything mechanically one way or the other.

My 06 didn't have filters either. but the sticker price for it is awfully high. But no worries, the filter box is still there, you just gotta buy some filters (~$25) and slide them in. Check the How To forum.

#449111 - 08/06/08 01:58 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
The filter won't help with AC cooling issues. As far as the X goes, I was disappointed in my '02 X's cooling and nothing has changed when I went to an '08. I had a Ford Ranger before that but the cabin area was much smaller. I think it takes a while to cool down the X, especially now that there is a little more cabin area to cool.

#449112 - 10/06/08 11:23 AM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are borh right, the only harm will be done to me and my family.
By the way, here an average of up to 2 days a week will be dust storm, especially over the summer. So imagine, to have to buy your own filter...and is not that, is teh facy that I accidentally found out miself about that.

I talked today to the Sales Manager who had called the Service manager while I was there...and a replay from Japan is waited on the question "Why the XTERRA in Kuwait has no cabin filter?"

Too bad not to have oane from the very begining and worse that ( ad least this is what I was told) they didn't know it.
Thanks for the input.
By the way, did U have yours on new cars?

#449113 - 10/06/08 12:24 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
As far as I know, on pre-2005 Xterras it was standard on the SE trim level and optional on the other trim levels.

Hope it works out for you...can't imagine being in that kind of dusty/sandy environment with no filter.

#449114 - 10/06/08 12:33 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the US the cabin filters are an option. A couple hundred dollars if I remember right (total rip off).

I bought the base X. Since I was financing it, I did not want to finance options that I could buy outright and install later myself (like cabin filters, side moldings, fog lights, step rails, etc).

#493151 - 27/09/09 03:00 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List [Re: Anonymous]
05 XTerra S Offline

You should have the filter box, all you need to do is buy a filter and install it.

#493573 - 26/10/09 07:27 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List [Re: 05 XTerra S]
Nirvana Offline

Napa has them and they are not too pricey.

#495260 - 12/03/10 09:39 PM Re: Cabin Filter for 2008 Xterra - not in the car - not on the OPTIONS List [Re: Nirvana]
sdxterra Offline

Carefull not to get dirt back into the blower system when removing the filter, as it could mess up your fan! PS Watch other service centers like jiffy lube that they put the right filter back in! They put in the wrong one and messed up my system!

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal