Hi all,

Off-roading noob here. I posted on here a year+ ago when I first got the Xterra (I can't even remember what my login was). It's my wife's daily driver and I have *finally* pressured her into letting me take it offroad, so I'd love to join up on Saturday. The truck is a bone-stock '02 4x4 XE-SC (auto), stock Generals and all. I did some reading a while ago (and am doing more now on the linked discussion of offroad basics from this thread), but just wanted to open things up for questions.

For vehicle prep, I intend to remove the step bars and mudflaps, as well as generally check fluids etc. Any other recommended vehicle prep?

I intend to bring a tire pump and pressure gauge, my FRS radios, and a cooler for food/drink. What other tools/supplies should I bring? I have no "offroading" gear or extraction gear, but I have a pretty good array of tools. Is there minimum extraction gear I should go out and get (cheap! wink ), or any other stuff I should bring along?

My wife is coming along too. I've never been to Hollister hills, is it someplace we'd want to spend some time after the 'wheeling? We have mountain bikes, but she's not a hardcore biker.

Finally, I am coming down from Pacifica, so if people are meeting up on the peninsula and caravaning down I'd love to join up. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys and getting the truck dirty...