Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138912 - 19/09/07 12:41 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
You're saying that there's no way to tip a "barrista" with a debit card? That certainly flies in the face of every other tip-based debit transaction I've ever encountered.
What is a "tip-based debit transaction"? Debit transactions are settled within 24 hours, and do not contain gratuity addenda.

Quote:
Even if there wasn't, there's no work around that a dilligent employee could figure out??
No. Once the debit charge is posted, it is unmanipulable. It can be cancelled, and then re-charged, but that would require the use of the card an additional time. That's the nature of debit charges.

Quote:
You can argue the minutia of how it happened, but you can't argue the fact that it did. Her statement showed a line item for a buck more than the actual transaction.
And as I said, if there is a line item charge on a debit transaction, she should look to the bank for the charge, and not the retailer.

And I can argue any goddamn thing I want.

#138913 - 19/09/07 01:13 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
No starbucks out your way yet? Haha. I like starbucks..it's stonger than other coffees so I like it. Especially the pumpkin chai late light.. wink
Sorry dude, that's gay-er than a Gucci wallet full of rainbow colored unicorns.

Starbucks will get my money when they open a self serve line for "black coffee only" drinkers. Scan a buck, refill your mug, get the hell out. The "pumpkin chai half caff with a twist, low foam" crowd can bite me!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#138914 - 19/09/07 03:01 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMFG, look what you did, Kev!

#138915 - 19/09/07 03:22 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just laughing at the image of Kevin's lady friend storming into the breakfast buffet at the Dundee Motor Lodge and yelling "Bitch you stoled my dollar!" at the coffee girl.

#138916 - 19/09/07 04:00 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
I'm just laughing at the image of Kevin's lady friend storming into the breakfast buffet at the Dundee Motor Lodge and yelling "Bitch you stoled my dollar!" at the coffee girl.
Are the insults supposed to be funny? Its old, its been played out over and over again.
Your profile shows your age as 35 I would have guessed 15. Maybe you got your ass kicked so much growing up its coming out in E-Tough world get help you need it!

#138917 - 19/09/07 04:33 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by HayKodiak:
Are the insults supposed to be funny? Its old, its been played out over and over again.
Your profile shows your age as 35 I would have guessed 15. Maybe you got your ass kicked so much growing up its coming out in E-Tough world get help you need it!
The guy told a story. The story had holes in it. When looked at through these holes, the story kinda makes his girlfriend look like an over-reacting harpy. That's funny. When you consider that it's practically fucking impossible for the cashier to have perpetrated this genius scam, the following two sentences...

"The cunt working the counter overcharged her a tip. I'm no nickle dimer or cheap ass, but this was theft, plain and simple. My G/F went back to complain and they offered to give her a buck, but never a word about disciplining/firing the employee."

...are hilarious. Add to that the total non-sequitur...

"I told her to find the manager of that store's manager and let him/her in on the scam, but maybe that's because I can't fucking stand how the cashiers at Starbucks insist on being called "barristas". They're fucking cashiers."

...and then the cunning revenge scheme...

"My second suggestion was to find out what car was hers so I could gouge a key scratch in her ride that would negate not only my girlfriend's stolen dollar, but hopefully every other dollar she's stolen."

...and you've got one hell of a misguided rant. Even when posed with the notion that maybe he and his lady were mistaken, he was more than happy to remain outraged at Starbucks. He didn't care that he was wrong, he wanted to be owed. He wants people to see that he's been wronged, even when he's shown that he hasn't been wronged. He wanted to complain, be heard, and be validated.

That folly, to me, is funny.

#138918 - 19/09/07 05:06 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I laugh when people fall over.

#138919 - 19/09/07 05:19 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gayest...flame war....ever....

#138920 - 19/09/07 05:32 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Gayest...flame war....ever....
And all without any mention of baseball. Go figure.

#138921 - 19/09/07 05:38 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[LOL] [LOL]

#138922 - 19/09/07 05:40 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

#138923 - 19/09/07 05:55 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Quote:
[b]No starbucks out your way yet? Haha. I like starbucks..it's stonger than other coffees so I like it. Especially the pumpkin chai late light.. wink

Starbucks will get my money when they open a self serve line for "black coffee only" drinkers. Scan a buck, refill your mug, get the hell out. The "pumpkin chai half caff with a twist, low foam" crowd can bite me![/b]
It'll only be gay to drink any brand of coffee is a male if sucking my penis while I drink it.

#138924 - 19/09/07 06:02 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK .......
OK.......
You guys made me do it....

Now the Gayest thread ever.
[Huh?] [Huh?] [Huh?]

#138925 - 19/09/07 06:41 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I lke Frappacinos. And they have damn good hotchoclate. I dont mind paying 2.50 for a hot choclate that uses real milk and syrup instead of poweder mixed with water any day of the week. Oh yeah the pound cake is good too.

#138926 - 19/09/07 06:56 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Ummmm.....no. She didn't. Unless there's some regional thing I'm not aware of, there's no "tip line" on the transaction records out of the register at a Starbucks. Starbucks is a "QSR" (Quick Service Retailer), and as such aren't given gratuity addendums for their transactions by Visa or Mastercard.
Time out, folks. Your resident nerd is here to help.

1) Starbucks doesn't offer franchises, they're all corporately-controlled.

2) A tip line/signature line has very little to do with the merchant's SIC/MMC code(s). In fact, it's usually a setting on the terminal that can be tweaked by flipping dip switches inside the box, or by downloading a different build of the software. That said, I have no idea what the standard at Starbucks is.

FYI, I spent two years writing software for Nurit terminals, Verifone POS, MicrosPOS, the Starlink ATM Network, Visa, MC, Etrade ATMs, etc...basically all the common networks including ACH (direct debit/credit of checking accounts).

And Auditor Kevin, there's virtually no way that your girl's debit card was charged an additional $1. A credit card I could understand, but a debit card (where she's required to put in a PIN number) ...that's what we call an ACH transaction, and they are near-instantaneous. Every debit card transaction requires a new authorization code, so unless the $1 appeared as a single charge in her statement, the cashier isn't to blame. I suppose it's possible the cashier ran it as a Visa/MC or something, but even then....I don't think she'd risk her job for $1.

God I'm such a computer nerd.

#138927 - 19/09/07 06:57 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.
I'm not an expert, but I think SIC/MCC Codes are industry-wide, national for Visa and international for Mastercard. Regardless of independent ownership, franchises are models of consistency, and I'm positive that the type of transaction codes used would be strictly stipulated by Starbucks, considering the variations in fees paid out for interchange transactions.[/b]
What the fuck does that have to do with Desert_Rat getting pussy cancer from coffee?[/b]
Didn't you read before? I don't drink coffee, and my pussy remains cancer free, thanks very much.

Now excuse me while I go diddle myself.

See, here's the problem...it's not that you don't drink coffee, so your pussy remains cancer free.

Your pussy does the drinking, and YOU get the cancer o' pussy.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#138928 - 19/09/07 09:04 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:

That's only partially true.

There is a Starbucks in every Safeway out here - they are NOT run by Starbucks. They are not franchises, but are *licensed* by Starbucks.

(I know someone who is so into Starbucks, that they will not bother with these ones, as they are not "real" Starbucks.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#138929 - 19/09/07 10:12 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seriosly, who gives a damn?

Yes, $5 for a cup of coffee sounds like a lot, but nobody is forcing you too. If you make more than $20/hr, one cup of coffee per day is not that much of a deal. On the plus side, it drives the economy.

#138930 - 20/09/07 04:03 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats it ? Fuck I was trying to get some shit started around here.

[Sleep]

Back to pirate for some real entertainment.....

#138931 - 20/09/07 06:39 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
[b]
Quote:
[b]No starbucks out your way yet? Haha. I like starbucks..it's stonger than other coffees so I like it. Especially the pumpkin chai late light.. wink

Starbucks will get my money when they open a self serve line for "black coffee only" drinkers. Scan a buck, refill your mug, get the hell out. The "pumpkin chai half caff with a twist, low foam" crowd can bite me![/b]
It'll only be gay to drink any brand of coffee is a male if sucking my penis while I drink it.[/b]
But... a pumpkin chai latte doesn't have a drop of coffee in it.

#138932 - 20/09/07 08:43 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

personally I like that Irish Coffee

Cuz I like my coffee like I like my women

filled with booze [Smoking]

and by the way i only ever use a debit card and have never had to enter a pin....actually the card doesnt even work if the cashier runs it as a debit they always have to do it as credit

#138933 - 20/09/07 09:14 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverPig:

and by the way i only ever use a debit card and have never had to enter a pin....actually the card doesnt even work if the cashier runs it as a debit they always have to do it as credit
Then you aren't using a debit card.

Yes, the card is a debit card, but since it has the visa/mastercard logo, it is run as a credit card. The machine only knows it as a credit card when you do that.

#138934 - 20/09/07 09:27 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

but the point is it does not even work at all if you do it as a debit ....it only works when it is run through as a credit card. My point being you can use a debit card without a pin #...and in my case and probably many others always without a pin number.....also some places print card numbers on the receipt so it would have been possible for the cashier to change the transaction and add 1$

#138935 - 20/09/07 09:30 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
[b]
That's only partially true.

There is a Starbucks in every Safeway out here - they are NOT run by Starbucks. They are not franchises, but are *licensed* by Starbucks.

(I know someone who is so into Starbucks, that they will not bother with these ones, as they are not "real" Starbucks.)[/b]
Hmm...I did not know that. I wonder what the differences are between "franchise" and "licensed by" because they sound a lot alike to me. I just knew they didn't do the franchise thing in the same fashion that, say, McDonald's does.

#138936 - 20/09/07 09:33 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
[b]
quote:
quote:
They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.
I'm not an expert, but I think SIC/MCC Codes are industry-wide, national for Visa and international for Mastercard. Regardless of independent ownership, franchises are models of consistency, and I'm positive that the type of transaction codes used would be strictly stipulated by Starbucks, considering the variations in fees paid out for interchange transactions.[/b]
What the fuck does that have to do with Desert_Rat getting pussy cancer from coffee?[/b]
Didn't you read before? I don't drink coffee, and my pussy remains cancer free, thanks very much.

Now excuse me while I go diddle myself.

See, here's the problem...it's not that you don't drink coffee, so your pussy remains cancer free.

Your pussy does the drinking, and YOU get the cancer o' pussy.

Goddammit....Now you're just making my pussy hurt, you bitch.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal