Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Ummmm.....no. She didn't. Unless there's some regional thing I'm not aware of, there's no "tip line" on the transaction records out of the register at a Starbucks. Starbucks is a "QSR" (Quick Service Retailer), and as such aren't given gratuity addendums for their transactions by Visa or Mastercard.
Time out, folks. Your resident nerd is here to help.

1) Starbucks doesn't offer franchises, they're all corporately-controlled.

2) A tip line/signature line has very little to do with the merchant's SIC/MMC code(s). In fact, it's usually a setting on the terminal that can be tweaked by flipping dip switches inside the box, or by downloading a different build of the software. That said, I have no idea what the standard at Starbucks is.

FYI, I spent two years writing software for Nurit terminals, Verifone POS, MicrosPOS, the Starlink ATM Network, Visa, MC, Etrade ATMs, etc...basically all the common networks including ACH (direct debit/credit of checking accounts).

And Auditor Kevin, there's virtually no way that your girl's debit card was charged an additional $1. A credit card I could understand, but a debit card (where she's required to put in a PIN number) ...that's what we call an ACH transaction, and they are near-instantaneous. Every debit card transaction requires a new authorization code, so unless the $1 appeared as a single charge in her statement, the cashier isn't to blame. I suppose it's possible the cashier ran it as a Visa/MC or something, but even then....I don't think she'd risk her job for $1.

God I'm such a computer nerd.