Problem posting?
by Tom
Today at 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
Today at 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 306 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142863 - 09/12/07 06:43 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
I know where you can get a job paying about $50K. Requires a 13 week training course in Georgia followed by up to 6 months of specialized training at one of several places around the country. After that, you might be selected to attend another short, super specialized course, or just get right to work. Hours aren't too bad, free membership to the gym, free food, housing, and travel. I mean really, you'll have that year round work you seek so much.
You know, I can't join the Military if I wanted to, because there is this pesky little physical problem I had have since my Sophomore year of High School (lower lobe of left lung is damaged and does not work) which poses a hiring problem for me. I'm sure you've heard of the term 4F.

Do you realize that some people don't join the military because they aren't allowed to?

#142864 - 09/12/07 07:12 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
That song sucked. Would it have killed the guy to just slide in a metaphor or two? Does every lyric have to hit us over the head like Madman's drunk-ass stepdad hitting his mom with an empty bottle of Old Granddad on Christmas?
I haven't listened to it, but I agree.

#142865 - 09/12/07 07:47 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
[b]So please spend money this christmas, go to the mall, hug your kids and go see a movie. However, please keep that small thought back there in that deep dark part of your psyche that the freedoms enjoyed everyday are only there because of those of us who have all will continue to serve every single day with not possibility of failure.

God bless america and please say a prayer for a defender of freedom that you possibly will never meet and may never come home to hug the kids or kiss the wife, so of them have been my friends. Thanks for the time.
Freedoms?
Freedom to torture?
Freedom to wiretap?
Freedom to steal an election?
Freedom to start an illegal war?
Freedom to manufacture fake news stories?
or maybe just freedom to shop. Like you said, "...go to the mall".

The way I see it, we have become less and less free as time goes on. Thanks for your help. :rolleyes: [/b]
Who have we tortured?? I have yet to see a single person tortured...and even if a pansy ass like you considers having dogs bark at you and being dunked under water as torture then....So?? Sometimes bad things are necessary for the safety of the whole, I, like most Americans, have no issue with torturing terrorists to protect the rest of us...

Wiretap?? Bah...let me know when someone who doesn't deserve it gets wiretapped illegally and then is arrested on false charges...kinda doesn't fit...first you'd have to drum up a fake reason to do the illegal wiretap--THEN fake evidence as a result of the wiretap to arrest someone on illegal charges...Riiiiiight...

"Steal and election"?? Thats a farce propagated by the left you you LOVE to eat up...the NY Times and numerous other papers did the research after the election and found that the actual count bears out the results...case closed, look it up...

Illegal war?? Whats illegal about it?? Passed the Congress, passed the UN....And even if it passed NEITHER, it still wouldn't be illegal...

Manufacture fake news?? Yes, when the LA Times prints doctored pictures to make soldiers look bad that is criminal...so ya go me there...

Please Xterrapin...go back to that rock you crawled out from and die...

#142866 - 09/12/07 07:50 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Meh, I liked it. Musically and lyrically.

What I liked best about it was that it implicated all Americans in guilt. "It's Christmas in Fallujah, and no one gives a damn."

Watching the Ken Burns series about WWII made me think about it. What really have we as Americans been asked to sacrifice for the Iraq war? What have you gone without to pay for the cost of the war? Nothing. We continue to shop, buy, drive our gas guzzlers, etc and have not given up one thing to support the war. In WWII, the American people turned everything they had over to the war effort in a push to win. Instead, we've got the President telling us to go out and spend and go to Disney World and go about our lives.

Yeah, it's Christmas in Fallujah and none of US gives a damn.
Come on WilMac...just come out and admit it...you don't like it either musicly or lyrically...the only reason you like it is because it follows your moronic views of the world and it makes you feel good to hear other people sound as dumb as you are...

#142867 - 09/12/07 11:50 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope. I actually do like it. I'll stand by that statement.

Now go sell a Corolla, douche.

#142868 - 09/12/07 07:08 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

Quote:

Now go sell a Corolla, douche.
Ah!! Funny guy!! Haven't heard that one before!! Good come back...just shows your taste in music is right in line with your sense of humor...Moron...

#142869 - 09/12/07 08:35 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Claus Offline

What's a Fallujah?

#142870 - 09/12/07 11:48 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
What's a Fallujah?
40 bucks, same as downtown.

#142871 - 10/12/07 01:13 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Really? God, I can't even imagine that. Perceived irreverence aside, that was just bad music. It was sophomoric, shallow, bland, predictable, with that constipated deadpan Scott Stapp seriousness that makes me want to feel sorry for music.

Jesus, and how fucking edgy could Billy Joel ever get, anyhow? "Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, that was Christmas in Fallujah....brought to you by Nabisco...this next one's called Uptown Girl...[crowd cheers]..."

I don't want to align myself politically with Billy Joel or the Dixie Chicks or Barbra Fucking Streisand. People like that make the rest of us who want to see our Glorious Leaders' heads stuck on pikes look bad.

#142872 - 10/12/07 08:33 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Jesus, and how fucking edgy could Billy Joel ever get, anyhow? "Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, that was Christmas in Fallujah....brought to you by Nabisco...this next one's called Uptown Girl...[crowd cheers]..."

I don't want to align myself politically with Billy Joel or the Dixie Chicks or Barbra Fucking Streisand. People like that make the rest of us who want to see our Glorious Leaders' heads stuck on pikes look bad.
NO shit.

I hope I never go to one of those concerts by someone whose music I like and have to sit through a political rant simply because they have a soapbox and an audience. When will everyone realize that most of these singers, etc. are nothing more than a bunch of wealthy high school dropouts who watch Oprah and live/eat/breathe what the media feeds them since they have so much free time on their hands only so they can regurgitate it to their captive audiences and try to make them believe that they know what they're talking about.

I'd rather walk the fuck out.

THIS is why I'd never go to a U2 or a Springsteen concert. Billy Joel? Meh. He hasn't put out anything decent since Glass Houses.

#142873 - 10/12/07 09:44 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
When will everyone realize that most of these singers, etc. are nothing more than a bunch of wealthy high school dropouts who watch Oprah and live/eat/breathe what the media feeds them since they have so much free time on their hands only so they can regurgitate it to their captive audiences and try to make them believe that they know what they're talking about.
I'd venture to guess that Bono knows a hell of a lot more about these issues than any of us do.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#142874 - 10/12/07 09:52 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bono is probably the exception to the general rule. Regardless, I don't buy a concert ticket to hear a bunch of political tripe, good or bad. I buy it as a diversion; for entertainment purposes.

Shut up and sing.

#142875 - 10/12/07 10:06 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
[b]So please spend money this christmas, go to the mall, hug your kids and go see a movie. However, please keep that small thought back there in that deep dark part of your psyche that the freedoms enjoyed everyday are only there because of those of us who have all will continue to serve every single day with not possibility of failure.

God bless america and please say a prayer for a defender of freedom that you possibly will never meet and may never come home to hug the kids or kiss the wife, so of them have been my friends. Thanks for the time.
Freedoms?
Freedom to torture?
Freedom to wiretap?
Freedom to steal an election?
Freedom to start an illegal war?
Freedom to manufacture fake news stories?
or maybe just freedom to shop. Like you said, "...go to the mall".

The way I see it, we have become less and less free as time goes on. Thanks for your help. :rolleyes: [/b]
...and freedom to continue harping on imaginary, and exaggerated "scandals". You know what... if we had in WWII the media coverage we have now, people would look at that war and its veterans in a completely different light. It's war. It's ugly and it's not intended, nor should it EVER BE, a spectator's sport.

My grandfather is a Pearl Harbor survivor, and he lost two brothers in WWII. I revere that man, and I tear up when I think of the sacrifice he and all other WWII vets made. Yet I know that there were scoundrels in the service back then as there are now. Don't believe the media. Talk to vets. Talk to the ones who bleed, not the ones who profit from sensationalism. When you talk to the vets, you begin to realize, even on some tiny scale, the value of laying down your life for another human. Support the war or not, but don't frag our men and women by giving up on this country. My grandfather and his two dead brothers didn't go through it so you or anyone else could sit around and whine about what they perceive to be the truth presented to them by an absolutely corrupt media.

Honor them. Learn from them.

Freedom isn't free, it isn't environmentally friendly, and it isn't politically correct.

#142876 - 10/12/07 10:13 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Claus Offline

Christianity is rehashed pagan sun-worship and is used by the rich and powerful to control people, the 9/11 tragedies were part of an elite conspiracy, and ever since World War I, the ultra-rich have been secretly manufacturing wars and financial collapses to control the populace and to get richer and more powerful.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Happy Festivus in Fallujah!

#142877 - 10/12/07 10:23 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Christianity is rehashed pagan sun-worship and is used by the rich and powerful to control people, the 9/11 tragedies were part of an elite conspiracy, and ever since World War I, the ultra-rich have been secretly manufacturing wars and financial collapses to control the populace and to get richer and more powerful.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Wow. Uh.... okay...... Where the heck did that come from? Hey Claus. Merry Christmas. Seriously. Merry Christmas. smile

#142878 - 10/12/07 11:01 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]When will everyone realize that most of these singers, etc. are nothing more than a bunch of wealthy high school dropouts who watch Oprah and live/eat/breathe what the media feeds them since they have so much free time on their hands only so they can regurgitate it to their captive audiences and try to make them believe that they know what they're talking about.
I'd venture to guess that Bono knows a hell of a lot more about these issues than any of us do.[/b]
Knowledge does not equal Wisdom...

Now go buy a few more "red" tshirts manufactured in sweatshops in China and India so that 1% of the profits can go to help those that have chosen to be infected with AIDS in Africa you dope...

#142879 - 10/12/07 11:02 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
Quote:
[b]Christianity is rehashed pagan sun-worship and is used by the rich and powerful to control people, the 9/11 tragedies were part of an elite conspiracy, and ever since World War I, the ultra-rich have been secretly manufacturing wars and financial collapses to control the populace and to get richer and more powerful.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Wow. Uh.... okay...... Where the heck did that come from? Hey Claus. Merry Christmas. Seriously. Merry Christmas. smile [/b]
On the Subject of :

Crappy Songs about war > Freedom > peoples perception of Freedom > Usual XOC BS .

Not to hijack the subject, the song is awful, the lyrics are crap, the voice is crap. It was clearly performed to get a message through to a captive audience and is getting the attention outside the concert venue by way of Youtube.

On the Topic of Freedom, I am at a point where the only gratitude I have is towards the guys and gals who are obeying orders and putting themselves in harms way to fulfill a political agenday. Is it a just cause?....in my opinion we do not know yet will it make a long term difference?. we do not know yet I sure hope it is not in vain.

I watched the zeitgeist movie about 2 weeks ago for the first time, and watched it again on Friday. While it seem far fetched and incredible I believe no one can honestly say it does not stir up questions in the way it depicts topics that are the most important issues for human existance today

#142880 - 10/12/07 11:07 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Worst.
Song.
Evar.

And I don't give two poops about the lyrics, I couldn't make it past "It's evening in the desert" opening line. Was that Scott Stapp, former "Creed" singer? Awful.

#142881 - 10/12/07 11:17 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
And I don't give two poops about the lyrics..
I give it two poops. Big ones. [LOL]

#142882 - 10/12/07 11:56 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow. Bad song. Sounds like an Oasis cover band with too little practice. [ThumbsDown]

#142883 - 10/12/07 12:35 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Worst.
Song.
Evar.

And I don't give two poops about the lyrics, I couldn't make it past "It's evening in the desert" opening line. Was that Scott Stapp, former "Creed" singer? Awful.
No It's Cass Dillhole, Some dude Billy "I suck" Joel picked up at Starbucks on Long Island. Check out his Myspace, Turns out X-mas in Fallujah is actually one of his better songs:

http://www.myspace.com/cassdillonmusic

True definition of a notalent Assclown

#142884 - 10/12/07 01:01 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Knowledge does not equal Wisdom...

True. But that wasn't my point.

Quote:
Now go buy a few more "red" tshirts manufactured in sweatshops in China and India so that 1% of the profits can go to help those that have chosen to be infected with AIDS in Africa you dope...
Uh....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, those kids all chose the be infected. :rolleyes:

(And for the record, I'm not going to buy any of that overpriced "red" shit.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#142885 - 10/12/07 06:05 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

The level of garbage that this song drops to reminds me of another of the worst songs I have ever heard...Anyone remember "Peace in L.A." by Tom Petty?? Another one of those songs written on the back of a tampon wrapper...I can't find a link to a free audio clip of it but for those who don't remember, here is a link to what are perhaps the dumbest lyrics of all time:

Tom Petty\'s Peace in L.A.

#142886 - 10/12/07 07:15 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Mobycat Offline

So here's the question...

What DOES constitute a well-written protest song?

CSN&Y's "Ohio?"
Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth?"
Mellencamp's "To Washington?"
Lennon's "Imagine?"
Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin' On?"
Springsteen's "Born in the USA?"
CCR's "Fortunate Son?"

#142887 - 10/12/07 08:08 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Claus Offline

Sir mixalot baby's got back comes to mind

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal