Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
[b]Make a movie, fine. Don't market it as a "true story" when it's not. That's my issue, because most people don't seem to have the ability to differentiate between what really happened and what the filmmakers portray. Thus, art becomes history. Not good.
Hence the words "Based on a". And if people take it verbatim as the facts, well... that's their own problem if they're not educated enough to differentiate, right? [Freak]
Quote:
As for my personal politics, they have nothing to do with my views on this film.
Not actual politics like republican/democrat crap. [Geek] I'm talking about your beliefs of movies that are "Based on a True Story". wink [/b]
Looks like we'll just agree to disagree. But...if you're going to make a fictional movie, still seems to me you shouldn't then take the names of actual people, a real team, a couple of the events that occurred, and so on but then make up a bunch of stuff too. Why do that? What's the point?

With that said, the movie definitely captured the spirit of Texas high school football. My daughters attended Lewisville High and I will never forget going to the '93 5A Division II title game in the Astrodome. Our Lewisville Fighting Farmers (no, that's really the nickname) defeated Aldine MacArthur 43-37 by scoring a TD with 21 seconds left.

It's 265 miles from Lewisville to Houston. Aldine is a Houston suburb. LHS had more fans there than MacArthur. Farmer Pride! wink