Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
Not a single person I've come across has the first clue about weapon safety - they usually run around with the selector on auto. I guess their purpose is shreading the Constitution, not ending gun violence.
Are you talking about American's? If so I totally agree with you, I saw a soldier chamber a round on an unarmed 8 year old and laugh like it was a joke. I don't think he understood the ramifications if he acidentally pulled the trigger and killed one of the people we're supposed to be saving.
Sometimes I feel safer around the locals because they don't wave loaded weapons around like toys. The problem is that the army spends so much time practiceing with unloaded weapons they don't respect them when they have a magazine in them.

As for Rumsfield I've noticed that nobody over here likes him since I saw him make a speech on TV in January. It was at the mess hall in Arifjan and he said something about how are soldiers over here will wait as long as it takes for the UN to come around. Everybody started booing and people started yelling they want to go home. The same thing happened a few a months ago when he said that the hot summer won't affect the soldiers, "They spend all their time training for this." Sure but that doesn't mean we want to stay here, GET US THE FUCK OUT!

I'm glad there are still sodliers like you that keep thinking of us leaving. Here in Doha everybody has access to cold water and A/C and they feel that it's worth keeping soldiers here because they make bank sitting in a airconditioned room surfing the net. :rolleyes:

Xterra101.com