Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 214 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24231 - 08/03/05 01:58 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Snakes

#24232 - 08/03/05 01:58 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Smith Offline

Are

#24233 - 08/03/05 01:59 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Smith Offline

Dumb

#24234 - 11/03/05 11:53 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I'm a chick with an X too! I actually just picked mine up on monday. I've wanted one for probably like 5 years.... woohoo, finally got one! I would really like to get in the off roading scene, but I owned a little saturn coupe before this, so I'm going to be honest... I'm completely clueless. I know a little bit, but not too much. I must say, I'm very impressed with this site. All kinds of info on here! I will definately frequent this place!

#24235 - 11/03/05 01:13 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Nancycpt_21:
Hey I'm a chick with an X too! I actually just picked mine up on monday. I've wanted one for probably like 5 years.... woohoo, finally got one! I would really like to get in the off roading scene, but I owned a little saturn coupe before this, so I'm going to be honest... I'm completely clueless. I know a little bit, but not too much. I must say, I'm very impressed with this site. All kinds of info on here! I will definately frequent this place!
Just to let you know...the largest Xterra gathering and offroad event in the country is in YOUR state!! More details at ECXC.com and in the ECXC forum on this site!!

#24236 - 11/03/05 01:36 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nancycpt_21:
Welcome aboard! [Wave]

#24237 - 11/03/05 01:42 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
This is one reason why many of the women here prefer to stay quiet. smile
Sounds familiar, look at the second post of this thread. [LOL]

#24238 - 11/03/05 02:17 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Deer hunter Offline

Loc: Chicagoland
Cool
I'm getting dizzy

#24239 - 15/03/05 05:58 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, thanks for telling me about the ECXC! It looks like a lot of fun. I would love to do something like that! But i'm not equipped yet frown What's it take anyway? I am craving some wheelin experience!!

#24240 - 15/03/05 06:06 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

They have lots of stock trucks attend. You'll be fine.

#24241 - 15/03/05 06:10 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

#24242 - 15/03/05 12:42 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

<---Female and X owner since Sept 2001

#24243 - 19/03/05 01:06 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
khall888 Offline

Loc: Newport News, VA
Fellow female X owner here!!!
[Wave]

#24244 - 22/03/05 05:51 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
microsugrmag Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
'nother lady here!

Nancycpt_21, you'll be fine at ECXC. Tow points are a must (shackles!), tho! Used the front one for the first time at last year's event.

#24245 - 23/03/05 07:00 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

To get this crap back on topic, here's Desert Lady driving the X on AZ Run V

#24246 - 23/03/05 09:34 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha ha. [LOL] You won't find any "awesomes" or [ThumbsUp] from this group for an off-road picture with a female driving. The stock driveway shots and some other scenic pics posted today got them though. I've seen the same thing happen before. Is it not cool for females to like to drive off-road? Anyways, here's mine. [ThumbsUp]

#24247 - 25/03/05 09:02 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
Ha ha. [LOL] You won't find any "awesomes" or [ThumbsUp] from this group for an off-road picture with a female driving. The stock driveway shots and some other scenic pics posted today got them though. I've seen the same thing happen before. Is it not cool for females to like to drive off-road? Anyways, here's mine. [ThumbsUp]
Hey, that female "Desert Lady " driving, probably has more "balls" then you can imagine! Your pics are good, but I think you are wrong, I believe many femmes/males would prefer to have a partner that plays.......in the "X", what about it femmes and males?!!!!!!!!!!! [Argue]

#24248 - 25/03/05 01:08 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mytrophy:
Hey, that female "Desert Lady " driving, probably has more "balls" then you can imagine! Your pics are good, but I think you are wrong, I believe many femmes/males would prefer to have a partner that plays.......in the "X", what about it femmes and males?!!!!!!!!!!! [Argue]
Ahhhh nooooo! I didn't mean here's my pictures. I meant here's my "thumbs up" to Desert Lady. But you liked my pictures, huh. laugh

This just isn't fair. You may as well have asked "Honey, does this outfit make me look fat?" What do you expect the guys to say. It's like shooting pool. Sure, guys like playing pool with girls but some don't like it if the girl wins.

Yeah, some guys like to have a partner that plays in the X .... in the back seat, or as a passenger, or in a bikini laying across the hood.

There is discrimination. No doubt about it. That's just the way it is. For example, the picture in my profile, don't you think some guys would feel a little challeneged if that was a female driver and yet the most extreme picture they have is on a fire road? Or here you are having a conversation about say, an advanced 4wd subject, and then you find out you had been having this discussion with a girl. Yeow!

Some females like to off-road which doesn't make them any less girly girl. Maybe they grew up around a dad and brothers that were into it and it seems natural. Or they like being outdoors but don't want to go by themselves, so they hook up with a club that leans towards the serious side of off-roading. Stay at home and watch TV or go out on the trail with the guys and hope you are accepted? It's a tough call. Sometimes that decision is more challenging than the toughest trail obstacle.

Although times are changing where females are more accepted in traditional male activities. I don't think we are there yet in this field. No one's fault. It's just a matter of time and maybe education before female off-roaders are accepted and not thought of as weird or any less feminine.

#24249 - 25/03/05 01:57 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Te' amo.

#24250 - 25/03/05 02:41 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

You two are inflating my ego. I must be one helluva guy to get my wife into the sport laugh

#24251 - 25/03/05 09:37 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Te' amo.
Well, Desert_Rat is taken so maybe that was directed at me? laugh

#24252 - 25/03/05 09:50 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, Desert_Rat is taken so maybe that was directed at me? laugh
You know it was smile

#24253 - 28/03/05 12:00 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Trailmix Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City
To add my $.02,

I have to agree with Xterrah -- The attitude of SOME is enough to really dampen a girl's spirit, and is oftentimes quite frustrating...

As far as the shops that treat girls like crap... What I've found works well: Tell the manager either in person or in writing about your negative experience (sometimes it's an isolated employee, etc.) - and if you don't hear a response or if you visit the place again and get the same sort of vibe -- DON'T patronize them with your business. The worst thing you can do for a business establishment is not give them money and offer your honest "word of mouth" reviews to others.

On a personal note: I've noticed, since moving to Utah a few years back, that the culture up here may be wacky, especially for a non-LDS resident (Mormonland and all) - but folks up here aren't as derrogatory towards girls kickin' a$$ in traditionally male-dominated pasttimes. It's been a welcome change of pace (compared to SoCal).

Hopefully time & persistance will bring the Uber-Macho Yokels around. I won't hold my breath for some of them, but I will keep my fingers crossed!

[ThumbsUp] PS- Thanks to each and every one of the KICK ASS BOYS who have spotted me, made me laugh and egged me onto the "tougher line" on ANY trail I have conquered (just did MetalMasher this weekend w/the UXOC in Moab). You guys are worth your weight in GOLD!!!
[Wave]

#24254 - 14/07/05 11:01 AM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey ladies...I have been quiet on this site because I have been pretty busy with the local club that I joined at the beginning of the year. I have been on some runs and do just fine being stock. I do plan on slowly adding mods...hum...what should I do first... smile
Decisions...want them all NOW... laugh

Either way. I am happy to read through the site and see many active women. There are only a few in my local club but so far I seem to be the only one participating consistently on runs..Oh well I dont have to have the extra estrogen around to wheel!

Anyways..since I have been quiet I wanted to pipe up and say howdy..from the Pacific NW!

#24255 - 14/07/05 12:12 PM Re: Ladies and their "X" 's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hypancistrus:

I haven't done any serious offroading, but I did take it out when we had a decent snow here (8") on unplowed roads in the Northern part of the county, and it was great.
Which county are you speaking of?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal